[7] - 𝘮𝘢𝘹𝘪𝘮𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘺

• • 1980's | 1990's • •

WANDA HELD TOMMY as she walked over to the crib. The infant had been crying non-stop, and his mother basically tried everything to calm him down.

"Sweet, sweet Tommy, don't you wanna sleep? Mommy wants to sleep."

He still cried, and Wanda let out a sigh, "If you go to sleep, I promise you will be my favorite."

Vision sat on the sofa holding Vivian. She had been crying as well.

"Sweet Viv can hear you." He said before looking back at the baby, "Don't mind your mother, darling. Your brother is just stressing her out."

"Oh, come on now, honey." Y/N walked down the stairs carrying Billy, "You know we love them all equally."

"Well, don't tell him that." Wanda replied trying to cover Tommy's ears, "No luck with Billy?"

He had been crying too, but Y/N couldn't sleep him. "Tried reading to him. Didn't work. There isn't a new dad instruction manual, is there?

"Vis? Would you mind grabbing their binkies?" Wanda asked the sitting synthezoid.

"Oh, of course not. Binkies all round, I think." He replied as he got up with holding Vivian.

"Uh, Y/N actually got a new set of them." Wanda turned to her husband, "Could show him where you left it?"

"Sure, darling." Y/N said before placing Billy back in his crib. Vision laid the baby girl down too and followed Y/N into the kitchen.

Wanda made sure they were out of the room, and quickly put down Tommy with his siblings.

"I know parents aren't supposed to take shortcuts, but I think this situation calls for one, don't you?"

The babies continued to cry loudly.

"So, go to sleep, my babies." Wanda said in a singsong manner. She tried to use her powers to put her infants to sleep, but it didn't work.

"And go to sleep." With a whoosh she tried again, to no avail. This time the babies giggled.

"Why, I don't think it's very funny." Wanda put her arms at her waist, "Why won't you do what I want?"

"What's that, dear?" Y/N asked as he walked in with Vision, who was holding the new set of binkies.

"I'll do the honors." Vision said as he went over to the children and gave them their pacifiers. They seemed to quiet down. It worked.

Wanda whispered, "Look, I think it's—"

Tommy, Billy, and Vivian spat out their pacifiers and wailed again. The three adults stood there in defeat.

"What are we doing wrong?" Wanda asked.

"Oh, don't worry, honey." Y/N kissed the top of her head, "We'll figure it out."

"Perhaps we could use more time to get to know each other." Vision said.

"Maybe. Or maybe we just need some help." Wanda replied.

As if she was summoned, the doorbell rung and Agnes walked in, "Hiya, kids!"

Y/N quickly put a pillow in front of Vision's face as he masked his synthezoid appearance with his human one.

"Oh, Agnes!" Wanda greeted.

"Agnes, I was just fluffing this pillow...with Vision's face." Y/N greeted as well.

"I was just on my way to jazzercise when I heard your new little bundles of joy were on a sleep strike."