Choices

Bethany looked at me with amusement as I painted her nails. "Wow.. I didn't know you could change the color of your nails!" She looked so happy. A large smile plastered her face as I did her makeup and hair. I let her wear one of the many dresses that were hanged in my closet with care. "I feel so... Beautiful.." She twirled in the dress. "I feel like those princesses from the books in the library!"

I smiled as she danced around the room. The dress suited her, it matched her emerald green eyes. I curled her bright red hair. She danced in her bare feet, singing and laughing. "You look so beautiful!" She gave me a happy but somehow sad look. "Thank you very much but... I really wish I could hear my mother say it.." She look sad for a moment before dancing around again.

"Have you ever had a slumber party?" I questioned. "She looked at me confused. "A slumber party...?" I smiled and grabbed both of her hands. "A slumber party! It's where you invite your friends and stay the night! I don't think I need to explain the party part." Her eyes lit up. "That sounds great!" She jumped up and down excitingly. "We can have one then!" "We need to ask Lady Dimitrescu first.." Bethany looked up in thought. "I'm sure she'll let us!"

"No." Lady Dimitrescu looked down on us. "Oh come o-" Bethany elbowed my side. "I have.. Guests coming over tonight." She took a sip of her deep red wine. "It will be at night! We'll be quiet!" I begged. I grabbed her giant hand and placed it on my head. "Please~" I looked up at her with puppy dog eyes. She blushed and lifted her hand. "You're getting a bit to comfortable here.... Fine but I need blood later." She shooed us away.

"Yes!" We both cheered. "Who do you want to invite?" I asked. "Maybe the sisters... Some of my other friends!" I smirked and did the gay hand sign. "And I'll invite... No one." Bethany gave me a sorry look. "I'm sure my friends will become your friends!" She managed to put a smile on my face.

We walked in almost complete silence, only having a few small conversations along the way. We soon found my room and began planning. "What do you want the theme to be if we have a theme?" "Um.. Vampires!" We both laughed and quickly drew up invitations. "Oh this is so exciting!" She jumped up and down.

"Maiden, Bethany, the lady's family is here and would like to have a meeting with you." We both looked at each other surprised. "Ok." Bethany quickly changed into her work outfit and grabbed my hand. "Where are we going..?" I questioned as she dragged me along. "The meeting room." She stated bluntly. "Beware... Her siblings are terrible. considering you already met one of them the rest are the same.. But in their own kind of way." She looked at me with a slightly panicked look.

"There you are!" Lady Dimitrescu met us at the door. "Now neither of you speak. Got it?" We both nodded our heads and she went back in. We followed after and we both widened our eyes as we looked around. The room was filled with mostly human-like being but there was one... Thing that really drew our attention. A short man who looked like his acne took over him.

"I see you have grown quite comfortable..." At the end of the table sat Mother Miranda. I couldn't believe my eyes. "She's a pretty little thing I want her! I want her!" A small doll called out. "NO!" Lady Dimitrescu slammed her hands down on the table. The small doll ran back to a lady dressed in all black. "Everyone calm down.. We have already discussed her living circumstances. What I need to know is if she can survive."

All of them looked surprised. "No- No! She couldn't.. Could she? No.." Lady Dimitrescu thought out loud. "We have already given three daughters! Who will this be to her? A special maid!?" The man who had barged into man rooms and tossed Bethany complained. "That is none of your concern." Lady Dimitrescu pointed out.

"I think we should try." Mother Miranda looked around the table before her eyes settled on me. The room was silent as Mother Miranda's piercing eyes stared through me. "Let me hear it myself from her own words." She motioned for me to speak. "I-I don't see why not..." She gave a look of satisfaction thought everyone else looked surprised.

"This meeting is over, you are all excused." Bethany took me out of the room. "You said yes!? If you go through that you could end up looking like the acne man!" She shook my shoulders. "I know but I want a life with her." I looked away blissfully. "I know you love her but you need to face reality." She yanked my shoulders, bringing me back to the real world.

"Dinner!" Bethany almost yelled. She grabbed my arm and ran down the halls. "Why are you in such a rush!" I tried to slow her down but she was so fast. "If I get there early I'll have to join in the cleaning in the cooking which means I can see her!" She halted to stop when we got to the entrance of the dining room. The three girls were there. "I'm not the only one in love with a Dimitrescu." I chuckled and she pouted and pushed through the swing doors into the kitchen.

I entered the dining room and sat at my normal spot. Right dead in the middle it was now. The giggled and pointed at me. "I thought the bullying would stop when school ended but I guess not.." I whispered. "We heard You're going to be like us. Mother does need a wife and she already stated us as your's... Mom."