Her Apology

~Hi Muffins! I am sorry for the terrible quality of the last chapter! I did my best on this one to make up for it <3 This chapter is dedicated to my grandma. She past away 3 years ago and I just want to honor her. Anyways, enjoy this chapter!~

 I sat in my room twirling my hair, my mind filled with thoughts of the night before. I was pulled out of my trance when someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" the door opened and I saw Bethany come through. "Lady Dimitrescu wishes to see you, if you're ok with that, of course." I nodded and stood up. "What does she need?" I asked while we were walking down the hall. "She said she wanted to personally apologize." Bethany said with an empathetic look on her face. "I see.." I said. Bethany decided that she should go check up on Sebastian. She said he had gotten way to drunk the night before and had a killer hangover.  

"(Y/N)! You came!" Alcina cheered from her seat. "I heard you wanted to apologize?" I walked over and sat down in the chair next to hers. "Yes I did... Look (Y/N) I'm sorry for last night-" "No no no! You were intoxicated! It's not your fault!" I stood up and grabbed both of her hands. I could see that her hair was messy and her gloves were off. "No (Y/N.. It was- it was unacceptable! I should of never even had the slightest thou-" "Shh, that means something much more greater than you realize... I may have ran out crying but that was because I was.. Surprised. You scared me but not in a bad way! It just proves all of my dreams are true." She looked up at me with confusion. "What do you mean?" I softly smiled and looked into her golden eyes. "That shall be a secret to me just for a little bit longer..." I let go of her hands and walked to the doorway. Before ducting down, I smiled and waved. 

As I walked down the hall I decided to go to the dinning room. "Hello! Mom!" The word mom stung like a bee's sting. "Well hello, Daniela." I waved. "What are you three doing in here?" They all looked at each other and giggled. "Well mom, we're just listening to the gossip from them servants." The girls all laughed and giggled. "I have an idea! How about you help the servants!" They all looked surprised. "I heard from our gossiping servants that you three made quite a mess after me and your mother left the party." They all looked embarrassed. I laughed at their flushed faces and sat down near them. "I feel sorry for all those beautifully stacked wine glasses.." I wiped a fake tear as the girls laughed nervously. "Now shoo!" And with that the girls scurried out of the room.

I rested my head on the table as I zoned out. I didn't know how I felt anymore. I thought of the village and all of the memories I held there. Hunting with my dad, reading with my mom, playing with all my friends. It all seemed so distant. I always remembered looking up at the castle, the white contrasting greys and black of the mountain. I remembered driving the old man's truck down the dirt roads to get supplies or pick up the game that was recently hunted. "(Y/N)!" I heard Bethany call. "Yes?" I looked up out of my trance to see Bethany with Sebastian. "In order to properly make up for last night... Lady Dimitrescu has allowed you to be granted one wish. In the terms of reality of course." Sebastian spoke. "Oh... Let me think about it." They nodded and walked out. I stood up and followed soon after. 

"I would like to see the village!" I yelled down the hall. They both turned around and look surprised. "I have a few things I would like to go back and grab before truly living here.." I stated and they nodded with a look of empathy on their faces. "I'll be sure to tell the mistress of your request. Mother Miranda will be taking you as one of her arch angels." I looked stunned as Sebastian stated what I was to be. "Excuse me? How did she know I was going to choose this?" "Well in any case of you wishing to go out Mother Miranda and Lady Dimitrescu decided that you would be Mother Miranda's arch angel of some sorts." "I see.." Sebastian informed me. I wasn't sure how to feel about it but as long as I got to go back for a small while.    

"Are you ready, Lady (L/N)?" Mother Miranda asked. I was wearing a similar outfit except I had a different mask and no halo like crown. I nodded and put on the strange mask. "I've heard you learned how to fly?" I nodded once again. Though Mother Miranda was much shorter than me she scared me. She had an intimidating presence that made me feel like a small worm squirming in her beak. I suppose the mask really fit her aroura. She took me to the balcony and got up on the railing. "Let's take off then." She stated before sprouting wings and soaring into the air. I followed after. Once I saw her small figure under my large wings I felt like a goddess while she was a human praying for my mercy. 

"We're here." "Good" I stated before walking into my old home. The villagers were to busy worshiping Mother Miranda to notice me. My house was wrecked and dirty. All the food had been drained from the cabinets and all the cups and mugs broken. The smell was terrible but I could deal. There was still the slight warm smell of cookies. My oven was cracked open and all the cookies I had cooking before the attack happened were gone. "Oh dear... where is it!?" I panicked. I ran into my room, it was left untouched. My bed was still made and all the pictures on my wall remained. I reached up and grabbed a picture of a woman in her older years. "Hi, grandma."  said before hugging the picture close to my chest. "I love you..."