[14🌸]

* ⁺⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«
Chapter 14
"One last choice?"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ,, ⌲
*.°⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«

"Nimishiya has transferred." The class teacher, Takeuchi-sensei spoke. "That is all."

This wasn't a surprise but that didn't make it less of a topic to linger on based on the student's reactions.

Raising her hand, Kawai voiced a question that was probably on everyone's mind. "Are both of them transferring? Shouko and Y/n I mean."

"Y/n is just in the office." Takeuchi-sensei clarified, flipping his flip page open as he continued "I am not sure if he will be staying."

While this interaction took place, shoya was busy mindlessly extending his clutch pen longer than necessary. Thoughts drifting back to a few days earlier.

Kicking and swatting, the two struggled as they fought in the empty class. The only source of noise being shouko's yelling and wailing and Shoya's hisses as she continued landing kicks to his torso before overthrowing him with momentum and whacking him once again.

Laying his head in his arms, he would drown out the teacher's voice as he asked about who had the class log- also not noticing how y/n sauntered in and flopped in his seat.

Thwack!

A paper would smack itself against the boy's forehead as he mentally groaned. Another paper. Was it Shimada? Hirose? Or both?

Another paper. Peeking from his inner elbow, the boy scanned the room. Settling on a not so amused pink head.

His breath hitching, he would wave at him as he nervously chuckled. Did he do something? Was he about to get another...smack...Dread filled the feline-like kid as he gulped.

Rolling his eyes in irritation the other pointed at one of the pages on his table. "O-oh! Right"- shoya whispered, hands quick to grab hold of the paper and open it up.

" what the hell is up with you? Did your cat die or something? "

Scratching his cheek, shoya would linger on the last part. There was always a thing with y/n associating him with a cat. It wasn't an insult, or at least he didn't find it insulting, but there was just something off about it that he couldn't pinpoint.

'Why is he reading it for so long? Wouldn't be surprised if he was illiterate.' He thought before sighing. 'Why am I even trying to talk to him?'

*🏌️‍♂️💨💨💨📄paper noises*

Glancing at the piece of paper that bumped against his shoe, he leaned to go pick it up. The page was- to put it lightly- abused. The amount of scratching out the start of the sentence and misspellings was enough to earn a "pfft"- from y/n

"Keep it down y/n." Takeuchi-sensei lightly scolded as he singled for whoever to continue reading.

'H̶e̶y̶

H̶a̶h̶a̶,̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶l̶l̶y̶

W̶e̶l̶l̶

m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶/̶n̶

I don't ouwn a cat, I just don't feel well I guess?'

Scrunching the paper up, he would start to write another before his eyes flickered towards the nosy Shimada beside him. "Oh? What are you two talking about?"

"None of your business, weirdo." He retorted finishing up and discreetly tossing it to shoya once more.

"Wah...you two are best friends now?" Shimada questioned as he watched shoya read the piece of paper.

"We're not best friends!" Y/n yelled out, getting a grunt from the teacher as he spoke. "Y/n, out."

Reading over the paper a billion times, shoya would gape in confusion as the sender was walked out of the class for disrupting a second time.

'Stay at the fountain after school.'

[🌸]

Walking in circles, shoya would look around- wondering what was the point in him waiting out here.

He wanted to go home and go sulk the whole day. Dreading his whole schooling year already.

"Oi," Y/n called out as he nonchalantly signaled the nervous boy to follow him out of school.

Reluctantly trailing behind him, shoya would watch any signs on y/n's features to give out what he was thinking only to find...his usual bored expression.

"So...it's a..warm day, right? Can't wait for it to be the holidays already. Hehe," He anxiously laughed, getting a dry "mhm" in return as he walked into Ucha's shop.

"AHHH, Y/N!!" the older woman screeched as she handed the takeout to a customer and engulfed y/n into a spine-crushing hug.

"You know how long it was since you came to visit!? Two weeks!" She joyfully spoke. Her voice being naturally loud.

"You're just happy to see me so I can buy stuff a lot as usual and you get to make money, fake friend." Y/n teased as the older lady cackled loudly. "Oh don't be so mean! We're best friends! I'm no fake friend!"

Shoya would just watch this interaction in a daze. The roseate-haired boy was not the same when with this aunty as he was with other people.

He was different but still the same person..it was nice...

"Hey, order what you want already.." He heard y/n as he nudged his shoulder. Looking up, he saw both of them waiting for him to speak up.

"Oh- right!" He said as he scanned the options.

"Waaah! Y/n-ah! You're with a friend!?" The chubby lady asked in amazement as y/n's eye twitched. "HE ISN'T MY FRIEND!!"

Ucha doubled over in a burst of loud booming laughter as she wiped a tear-off. "Who are you trying to convince!? Cuz it ain't me!"

"Ugh, whatever. See if I care." Y/n pouted only to stop as he noticed a crease in shoya's brow. "Eh? What?"

"I don't...have money on me..." He admitted, reading all the delicious foods and their expensive prices- well expensive for him since he didn't get pocket money in general.

"You think I expect you to pay for this? Of course, I'm paying, now order already! No one's getting any younger!"

Again, surprise would strike shoya's features as he heard this.

"And you're paying too!? haha! I'm convinced shoya is going to take my best friend spot!"- " HE IS NOT MY BEST FRIEND!!"

[🌸]

Gobbling down at his food, shoya would enjoy the taste in silence, trying not to choke as he felt y/n's piercing glare.

"Thanks for the food." He spoke trying to break the silence.

"Uhh, well...Ucha's place is your favorite huh?" Again.

"She seems nice.."

Silence

"ARE YOU EVER GONNA SPEAK!?" he blurted out, slamming his hands on the table out of reflex before he froze. He.was.dead.

A light chuckle would surprise shoya as he cracked open his eyes to find a laughing y/n as he covered his mouth to avoid messing with the food.

Once again, for the billionth time today, shoya would gape in shock, amazement and confusion. What was going on today!?

"Well I would be lying if I said it wasn't intentional. You make a face everytime I ignore you, I couldn't pass it up." He spoke between laughs. Gasping for air at some point in shoya's expense.

"It's not that funny, cut it out.." Shoya spoke, somewhat relieved at the change of atmosphere as a small smile curved on his lip.

After a light hush fallen over the pair, y/n would finish his takeout. Tossing it in the bin nearby before walking back. "That's..this is not what I wanted to talk about in the first place though..."

End of chapter!
Continue? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ 🌸꒱ ,, ⌲