[17🌸]

* ⁺⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«
Chapter 17
"Red mark"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ,, ⌲
*.°⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«

A red marker would cross a date out

The 9th. Quit Job.

"Thank you for everything"

Another mark.
The 11th. Get rid of stuff.
"It'll be 30,000 yen for all of them"

A car would drive past, engine loud enough to echo in his thoughts hours after its departure.

Another red streak.
The 14th. Bank.
"I'd like to withdraw all the money" a man spoke, the lady oblivious to his motive as she naively chewed her gum, taking out all of the stranger's money in his bank account and handing it over to him.

Setting it together and wrapping it in an envelope, he'd set it right next to [name], his mother's pillow as she slept. Not aware of what was happening.

15th. [Last day]

Walking alone at the highway, shoya would block out all cars driving past him. The hair harshly soothing across his face as everything seemed calm. Just like his own thoughts.

He was fine. He was okay. He was fine.

This had been planned and accepted a long time ago. This was meant to happen. Stopping in front of the railing, the dark-haired male would grip on it. Emptying his thoughts with little effort.

He wasn't thinking about what anyone would think of his actions right now. No one cares anyway, right?

Slowly raising his feet and climbing on the railing, he'd stand up straight. It was okay. He was meant to be here. He deserves to be here.

Stretching his arms wide, his body leaned forward. Gravity takes its role without a pause. Whether it was intentional or not, he'll never know. Not that he cared right now.

Now, he'd be gone-

"What are you doing?"

*Firework sounds.🗣️ Clack! Claakkkakak!*

His eyes would snap to the kids below, watching as they played with the fireworks. What just happened?

Sighing, his eyes hardened as he shook his head. 'what am I even doing? This is not...a voice.' he thought, remembering the question probably directed at him.

Glancing to his side, he'd find another boy, waiting patiently for an answer. He'd adjust his cap as he spoke "are you good?"

"I-i am." Shoya stuttered out. Not expecting to have a conversation with someone in general after his previous thoughts.

"I was just...I thought the scenery was beautiful and wanted to take a picture." He explained, awkwardly laughing at the end.

"It is pretty...I guess." The stranger responded, glancing down at one of his feet that had been ready to climb the railing. Quickly setting his foot flat on the ground, shoya would uncomfortably look away.