[18🌸]

* ⁺⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«
Chapter 18
"Friends?"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ,, ⌲
*.°⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«

Walking into the building, shoya had been on auto mode

Walking into the building, shoya had been on auto mode. Just walking, not aware of his surroundings but aware of what he was about to do.

Talk with Shouko Nimishiya.

Walking up the stairs and finally stopping in front of the sign language class, he'd take a deep breath. This was very difficult but it had to be done. He needed closure, more than he knew.

Sliding the door open and peeking in, he had been unaware of shouko as she walked out the other end of the door and wandered off.

"Hello there, shouko!" An old lady called out, getting a wave from the girl as she walked past. Slowly turning around, his breathing would stop.

Hurrying to catch up with her, he grabbed her shoulder "Nimishiya!"

Turning around at the commotion, y/n would turn the corner. Finding both of them looking at each other in shock before his cousin bolted away, the taller male gave chase.

"What the fuck..." He muttered, ditching someone as he called out "hey, y/n- where are you going!?"

Running down the stairs, the girl would stop to check if shoya was still behind her, to which was true. Running into view, the girl would panic yet again and she continued running. Both of them were unaware of y/n right behind them.

Squatting down, shouko hid behind a short, hip-length wall connected to the school railings.

'She was always horrible at hide and seek...' Y/n mentally commented as he came to a stop. Deciding to see what shoya would do. He didn't want to scare him away again. Lurking in the shadows and watching them like a creep was totally better.

He couldn't really hear anything from here but all he needed was to see if she cried or something like that. He wasn't gonna tolerate...slight confusion suddenly washed over him.

He didn't really feel like he was going to fight shoya. Luckily he was better at pinpointing his feelings unlike most and knew what he felt like. Why should be protected too, just like shouko... 'Why!?' He almost blurted out.

This was a baffling situation for him. Yeah, what he saw what shoya was trying to do the day before and any sain person would feel this way to a suici- unmotivated person like him but...he never expected this "sain person" to be him.

Catching his eye instantly, y/n would watch as shoya started signing. "He understands sign language?..."

Glancing down at the book in her hands, shouko looked up at his hands watching him sign.

"Me and you. Friends." He signed, clasping his hands at the last part.

Not aware of the number of times shouko singed exactly that to shoya and how important it was to her- shoya even, y/n just rolled his eyes. Not that he was mad at any of the two but because he didn't know exactly what to do.