[22🌸]

File [22]: Matchmaking Mishap: The Principal's idea

Accessing data...
Chapter 22 initiated.
ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ.

° ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ °

The principal's office was a sterile environment, with polished wooden furniture and the faint scent of disinfectant lingering in the air. It almost reminded one of a hospital, wierdly enough, but the wooden furniture and decore seemed to throw that vibe off.

y/n and Shimada sat side by side across from the principal's desk, ones expressions a mixture of masked uncertainty and light anticipation, another quite relaxed and smiley as they awaited the principal to speak.

The principal, a middle-aged man with a no-nonsense demeanor, regarded them over the rim of his thin squared glasses. "Ah, Shimada, good to see you again," he greeted, his tone polite but reserved.

Shimada flashed his trademark grin, leaning back in his chair with casual sway. "Likewise, sir. Always a pleasure," he replied smoothly.

Turning his attention to y/n, the principal's gaze softened slightly. "And you must be y/n. Welcome to our school," he said, extending a hand in greeting.

y/n shook the principal's hand firmly, his nerves prickling at the formality of the situation. "Thank you, sir." he replied, trying to sound composed despite the butterflies in his stomach.

The principal nodded, his expression thoughtful as he studied y/n. "Well, y/n, I'm sure Shimada will show you the ropes around here. He's one of our top reliable students," he said, his tone betraying a hint of pride. "I assumed being shadowed by a male classmate of yours could be more relatable and help you jump start on making friends."

Shimada grinned at y/n, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "That's me. The resident expert on all things social and school-related," he quipped, earning a chuckle from the principal.

"well, there wasn't much to go through as I've heard you've spoken to the office a couple of times, so this is all I was willing to let you know." he addressed y/n directly as he sorted a few papers. "if you need assistance on anything, I'm sure your classmate here is willing to be of help, and if you find any assistance inadequate, the staff in the office are always open to help."

As they left the office, y/n felt a wave of relief wash over him. Don't get him wrong, he didn't really care for the principal or something silly like that, professional settings were just never his style, especially when his reasons of ending up there are brought up.

New year, new slate, new him. And he was committed to not disappoint.

Shimada, however, seemed unfazed by the encounter, his easy smile never faltering as they made their way down the hallway.

"Looks like you've got yourself a personal tour guide, y/n." Shimada remarked, nudging the other playfully as they both walked.

They hadn't seen each other in a while and shimada speaks as tho they met up for coffee just yesterday.

y/n rolled his eyes, but couldn't help feeling a very small pang of gratitude towards Shimada. Despite his cavalier attitude, and annoying nonchalance, Shimada was genuinely interested in helping him settle into his new school just like he used to be.