[23🌸]

File [23]: Diversion Dilemma and vandalised wheels: y/n's interference

Accessing data...
Chapter 23 initiated.
ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ.

° ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ °

"What's the rush, y/n?" Shoya inquired, confusion evident in his tone as he allowed himself to be pulled along by y/n's urgency.

"Sorry, Shoya, just thought we could use a change of scenery," y/n replied hastily, his mind racing to come up with an excuse. "You know, get some fresh air and all that."

Shoya nodded, though he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to y/n's sudden urgency than met the eye. "Yeah, sounds good to me. Thanks for dragging me out of there," he said with a small smile, grateful for the interruption to his study session.

As they stepped into the peaceful courtyard, y/n released Shoya's wrist, a slight smirk playing on his lips. "Well, well, look who I found wandering around. Must be my lucky day," he remarked, his tone laced with playful sarcasm.

Shoya chuckled nervously, feeling a wave of relief wash over him at y/n's familiar banter. "Yeah, you caught me. Just needed a breather from the library, you know," he replied, his words a little too eager as he tried to match y/n's wit.

"Ah, the infamous library escapee," y/n quipped, raising an eyebrow teasingly. "Couldn't handle the excitement of studying, huh?"

Shoya chuckled again, grateful for the light-hearted exchange that helped ease his nerves. Being isolated in a building full of people was taking more of a toll than he thought. "Something like that. Plus, I figured I could use a change of scenery. And hey, running into you is always entertaining," he admitted with a shy smile.

Y/n's small smile widened into a smirk, appreciating Shoya's effort to keep the conversation light. "Well, you're not wrong there. I do have a knack for keeping things interesting," he replied, his sarcasm softened by a genuine warmth.

As they continued to banter back and forth, Shoya found himself relaxing in y/n's presence, his earlier anxieties melting away in the comfort of their easy camaraderie. Despite their differences, he couldn't help but appreciate the genuine connection he shared with his...friend? If he could say that.

They had an understanding connection, not finding the need to hide anything as y/n knew exactly what was wrong most of the time, and knew if he needed direct or indirect help or advice. He was grateful for the brief respite from the pressures of school and the lingering pitying eyes following him everywhere.

As they continued their conversation, Shoya couldn't shake the nagging thought about the soccer incident a while ago. "Hey, y/n, about earlier... with Kawai, is she okay?" he asked tentatively, noticing a subtle shift in y/n's demeanor.

Y/n's shoulders stiffened imperceptibly, his easygoing expression replaced by a tightness around his eyes and jaw. His usual relaxed posture became rigid, as if bracing for something, and Shoya sensed a sudden distance in his friend's demeanor.

"Yeah, she's fine," y/n replied tersely, his tone lacking its usual warmth.

Feeling a sense of discomfort settle in the space between them, Shoya hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. "Oh, okay. I just wanted to make sure," he said quietly, searching y/n's face for any sign of reassurance.