[15🌸]

Guess who's back 💪👹
* ⁺⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«
Chapter 15
"I owe shouko my life"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ,, ⌲
*.°⑅ ⌲˘͈ᵕ˘͈«

The class was hectic as always, early before class started. Everyone was busy messing around with their friends, up to something, helping out- it was a normal schooling day after all.

Normal for...some more than others.

Shoya, once again sat at his table. Arms wrapped into a makeshift pillow as he gazed at the empty chair in front of him. That was where shouko sat.

He still couldn't get over the situation. He was...so messed up...does he even deserve a past tense? He probably still was.

The constant teasing turning into bullying...as much as he hated that word, that was what he was doing. There was just something about her that nagged at him.

That was nowhere close to being a valid excuse, of course. And he ended up making her stay here, somewhat close to hell...

Now it was his turn to pay the price while the rest left scot-free. Life was never supposed to be fair. Not to shouko, and now not to him.

He lost a lot with those stupid "harmless" choices he was making.

He lost his image in the whole school, his friends, even...he even lost y/n. Why did that one hit him deeper than the rest?

Glancing over at his empty seat, he would zone out as he remembered the previous evening's conversation with the pink-haired boy.

[🌸]

"You.." The boy started, taking a seat once again as he stared at the sky. "Do you still consider shimada and Hirose your friends?" He suddenly asked, causing shoya to choke at the last bits of his meal.

"T-that..." Shoya spoke, not expecting the conversation to drift in that direction. "...y-yeah. They are my friends!"-

"don't bullshit me." Y/n cut him off, startling the other.

"They are not your friends. They never were your friends." He spoke his mind, peering over at the black-haired boy who was messing with his plastic fork. He knew this. He just did not want to admit it.

"You need to find better people."

"Why..." Shoya whispered, taking a glimpse at y/n's expression as he continued. "Why do you care who I make friends with? Haven't I messed up enough?"

"Don't get ahead of your self Manji Alley cat! I don't care about you one bit! You're just acting so pathetic it can't...it can't be helped." Y/n defended himself as he huffed in disdain at even the suggestion alone.

Noticing how he may have spooked shoya into silence once more, y/n sighed as he adjusted on the bench. Making sure he faced shoya as he hesitantly spoke.

"I...I also have my own faults..." He admitted, getting a surprised look from shoya. He thought he was the only...he felt bad too?

"I...I messed up...i lot. As a friend, a possible protector, and cousin...I let my feelings mess up and take control of how I felt towards my..my own cousin. She didn't even do much and after a few misunderstandings I loathed her..."

That's somewhat similar to how shoya felt. She was getting some attention when she transferred and even shared the same nickname as him. "Sho"

It was little things that seemed to be a big deal for an average kid's mind that made them see her in a different light.

"I can't let something like that be swept under the rug.." Y/n spoke, voice shaky, causing shoya to whisper "h-hey"

"No. No, I can't have that. I'm as good as scum, worse even." He admitted, eyes watering as thoughts of how shouko silently suffered constantly replayed in his mind. The guilt planting itself permanently in his heart.

Hesitantly reaching an arm to set it on y/n's arm, the male moved it away. Face scrunching up as he tried to keep in the tears and glob stuck in his throat.

"Don't get me messed up, I didn't come talk to you for pity." He cleared up. Causing shoya to set his hands on his own thighs.

"You...I can tell you mean well.." Y/n began, watching the boy's reactions carefully. "But self-pity isn't doing anything for you."

Reaching his hand towards shoya, he would pull him in for a hug- as much as he told himself and shoya he didn't wanna afterward.

Unexpected tears fell freely down shoya's cheeks as he cries on his shoulder, the other doing the same but making sure it wasn't noticed. He had an image to uphold after all.

After balling their eyes out at the park, the two would snort and blow into tissues as their faces flushed.

"Oi, Let's never speak about today ever."

"Deal.."

A little bit relieved, shoya stole a glimpse of y/n's features. His eyes now puffed a bit due to the crying he so desperately did not want to admit and his small nose, red as well.

"Imagine if people must see us like this." Y/n began, getting a whine from shoya as he responded "I thought we were not gonna speak about this!"

Laughing, the pink-haired male would wipe at a few tears as he continued laughing. Shoya soon joining him, to the point where they both didn't know why they were laughing anymore.

'Is this how...are we real friends now?' Shoya thought to himself as he fondly watched y/n chuckle still.

After a comforting pause, y/n cleared his throat.

"I owe shouko everything..." He spoke, head leaning back as he watched the clouds for a few seconds before speaking. "I've decided to transfer alongside shouko."

[🌸]

And just like that, he seriously lost a lot. If only he could undo things...

Watching the black-haired boy sulk, Shimada would shrug as he walked towards his table.

"Alright, settle down class." The class teacher spoke as everyone sat in their respective seats.

"Y/n had transferred schools as well."

End of chapter!
Continue? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ꒰ 🌸꒱ ,, ⌲