[21 🌸]

File [21]: A Chance Encounter

Accessing data...
Chapter 21 initiated.
ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ.

° ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ ( ၴႅၴ °

Y/n woke up groggily, a loud ringing in his ears as he wondered what that sound was. After the familiar ring registers in his head, his hand fumble for the snooze button on his phone and he yawns. Rubbing his eyes, he sluggishly dragged himself out of bed and into the routine of getting ready for school. His movements were slow and lethargic, a clear indication of his reluctance to start the day.

Finally dressed and somewhat presentable, Y/n made his way down the stairs and as expected, he is the first to wake up.

If you had told anyone in the house a few years ago that there'd be a time when y/n would be the first to wake up and prepare breakfast, they'd laugh in your face. And if he's being honest with himself? He'd snicker as well.

After preparing lunchboxes and leaving the breakfast on the table, he heads to his new school. The journey was uneventful as the place was mainly grassland and more scenery.

Y/n had left for another city for about two years, schooling elsewhere as he adjusted into the busy routine, once he moved back the buzz still remained with him. He'd have to get used to all this silence.

Deep in thought, he didn't realize he entered the gates and before he knew it, he found himself standing in front of the school office, ready to officially register for his classes.

The process took half the days lessons, and soon Y/n found himself wandering aimlessly through the school corridors during the break with a pamphlet in hand, eyes scanning over his classes."...i can't be bothered with this right now." he groans.

As he walked and he idly pondered whether the weather would be suitable for swimming later in the day, a soccer ball came hurtling towards him, smacking on the metal pipe beside him. Startled, Y/n looked up to see a group of boys gesturing for him to kick it back.

"Hey, dude! Give us a hand, will ya? Toss it over!" one of the boys taller called out.

As if the ball had a mind of its own it rolled directly to his feet, with a light shrug, he obliged, inching his feet back before hurling it forward, the flat side of his feet smacking against the center of the ball and watching it as it smoothly curved the ball around the fence and back to them with practiced ease.

"Nice shot!" another shorter boy exclaimed, stars in his eyes, clearly impressed by y/n's particular skill. "Hey, you wanna join us for a game?"

Opening his lips to form a 'no' he pauses, recalling shouko's advice to make friends in the new school. "Make sure to make friends! You're super cool so it'll be easy. Don't worry about it! You got this!"

Letting go of a sigh for a moment he meets their eyes before nodding nonchalantly. "Sure, why not?"

° ( ၴႅၴ °

As they played, Y/n's eyes wandered, and he spotted Shoya sitting alone on a nearby bench, his expression unreadable as he ate his lunch in silence. He seemed deep in thought. 'Shoya?'