Chapter 13: Countdown to graduation and summer

Joe's POV.

My arms are so sore from my crutches but I'm glad to be home. I'm happy that Andi is staying with us for a while before we go to Texas. "They're here!" Frankie said running down the hallway. I got up and followed him outside. He ran up to her and hugged her. "You're here!!" She giggled. "Yup. Now let's go inside so I can put my stuff away in my room please?" He sighed and let go off her. "Fine. But you're sitting next to me at dinner." "Hey! What about me?" I asked sounding fake hurt. "Tomorrow during breakfast." "Fine." "Looks like you're getting a hang of those things." "Yeah its getting easier but my armpits are really sore." "Maybe after dinner I can show you a trick to add more comfort to the arm rests."

"Thanks that would be awesome. Let me show you you're room." I said to her as she followed me inside. "Your welcome and thanks. "Hey where's Nick?" she asked. "Probably in his room sleeping. He's had an off day with his levels. They've been high and low all day." "AAWWW. Poor thing. Hopefully he didn't catch my cold." "I doubt it. Here's your room." "Thanks. I'm gonna check on him when I'm done." "Sure thing. He's the room across from you on the left. Knock before you go in." "I will thanks Joe." "No problem and don't forget to help me with my crutches after dinner." "I won't"

I went to the kitchen to see if my mom needed any help with dinner

I went to the kitchen to see if my mom needed any help with dinner. "Hey mom need any help?" "I'm good. Andrea all settled in her room?" "Yup. She offered to help me make the shoulder pads on my crutches comfortable." "That's nice of her." "Yeah she's gonna check on Nick when she's done." "I'm glad she's around. I could use all the help I can get with him and Frankie. She's the only one who can handle Frankie's hyperness and Nick's mood swings." "I know. Frankie seems really excited. I'm glad Dani's here too so she has someone to talk to." Just then dad came in the kitchen. "Andrea here yet?" "Yup she's unpacking and then gonna check on Nick." "OK. You should go sit down and put you're leg up. Remember you can't put pressure or weight on it yet." "Good idea dad. My arms are starting to hurt."

~*~*~*Andrea's POV~*~*~*~*

I finished unpacking my stuff and got my bed the way I liked it with my blankets and bear

I finished unpacking my stuff and got my bed the way I liked it with my blankets and bear. I went to check on Nick. I knocked on his door before going in. He was still sleeping so I decided to wake him since dinner should be ready soon. "Hey Nick. Time to get up. Dinner's almost ready." He groaned. He looked really tired. "Are you OK?" He nodded his head. "You sure?" "I'm fine. Levels have been off today." "I know Joe told me. Are you sure you're not getting sick?" "Maybe. My head has been hurting alot today." I grabbed his meter and a juice from his mini fridge along with some pain relievers. "Give me a finger."