Chapter 6: Very Freaky

~*~*~*Andrea's POV~*~*~*

As Joe and Kevin were getting off the stage, Joe was grabbing his right side like he was in alot of pain.  I ran over to him to see what wrong or so painfull. He said said his side was hurting alot. Kevin didn't like the way Joe was hurting so much so he decided he should take him to the hospital to see what was causing Joe to be in so much pain. I decided to go with them. Kevin signed me out since it was 6th period. Then we all went to the hopsital and took Joe to the E.R. When we got there Kevin signed Joe in while I sat with him. We sat in the waiting room unitl Joe's name was called. When a nurse called Joe's name she brought over a wheelchair for him to sit in since he was in so much pain he couldn't stand or walk. Kevin and I were told to stay in the waiting area until they had an up date on Joe.

"I hate not knowing whats causing him to be in so much pain." Kevin told me on the brink of tears. "Hey I don't like this just as much as you do but we need to be strong for him the same way we were for Nick. OK?" I told him. I sat there hugging and comforting him. Just then Joe's phone rang and I saw it was Nick's room so I answered it.

"Hey Nick!" I said when I answered. "Hey Andi. Why do you have Joe's phone?" he asked me. I wasn't sure what to tell him so I just lied. "He's busy with signing autograph's. My prinicpal set up a last minute Q&A assembly for Joe and Kevin. It was so much fun, but I gotta go, my friends want to talk to me about something. I'll see you later like I promised yesterday." I told him. I hated lieing to him but I didn't want him to worry.

"OK. See you guys latter then. Sounds like alot of fun. You'll have to tell me about it when you get here." "I will I promise I really should go catch up with your brothers. BYE!!" "BYE! Oh and Andi?" "Yeah Nick?" "I love you" 

"I love you too. Now I really should go before Joe notices his phone's gone." "OK. Bye." "BYE" I said as the line went dead. Now I felt like I was going to cry. I've never lied to him before. I abolutely hated it. 

When I had collected myself, I went back over to Kevin. He looked like he had been crying also. I sat back down next to him and hugged him so he knew he wasnt going through this alone. Just then we heard someone call out Joe's name. So me and Kevin went over to the doctor who had called out Joe's name. 

"We're his family. Please tell us what's wrong with our brother. We already have another brother thats a patient here. We dont want to have to tell our parents that another sibling is in the hospital." I said almost crying. "Well it seems to look like your brother has developed a bad appendicitis and needs emergency surgery. You can see him really fast if you would like to before we have to take him upstairs. Dont worry he has already signed the consent forms" the doctor told us. Now I really was crying. How could I have missed it. He had all the symptoms: side pain, sweatting alot, nausea. 

"Thank you we would like that very much" Kevin said breaking me out of my thoughts. "If you follow me I will take you to your brother." So we grabbed our stuff and followed the doctor to Joe's room. I ran up to him crying and he engulffed me into a tight hug. I didn't want to let go of him but I knew I would have to soon.

"Hey! Don't cry. I'm going to be fine in a couple of hours. You'll see. I promise" he told me. "I know. I just hate seeing my friends like this. Just makes me uncomfortable." "Ok. I hate to break this up but we really need to go. I will let you know when he out of surgery and in recovery" his doctor said.

"Thank you we will be in our other brother's room while we wait" Kevin said. I hugged and kissed Joe one last time before he left. "I love you guys!!" he said as he left. "I LOVE YOU TOO JOEY!!" I yelled back crying.

"Hey. Come here" Kevin said. I went over to him and cried into his chest as he held me in a tight warm hug. "Come on let's go see Nick and break the news to him." I just nodded. I was still upset. So before we got to Nick's room I went to the bathroom to wash my face so I didn't look so bad. I re-touched my makeup and caught up with Kevin so we could go in together.