Chapter 40: Getting ready for the Dance Showcase

RECAP: So we continued to sit and eat, when we were done, I went to check on Nick. He was still asleep so I decided to wake him and see if he was hungry. "Hey babe?" He grumbled a bit and talked in his sleep. "Hhhmmm...dinner??" "Already ate, just wanted to see if you were hungry?" "Not really."

"Okay, there's food if your hungry later. Let me check your fever and levels while I'm up." So I grabbed the thermometer and his kit and tested his fever and levels. He seemed really flush, like he might be high, so i tested his levels firstBEEEP.....BEEEP....BEEP... 220. I sighed and gave him a shot to help bring down that number.

Then I checked his fever, I placed the thermometer in his ear and waited for the reading. When the reading came up I didn't like the number that was showing. I sighed and put it away. I grabbed the cold medicine out of the bathroom and poured some for him to take.

"I need you to sit up so you can take the cold medicine." He wined a bit but I helped him sit up long enough to take the medicine, which he hated but took anyways to please me and to get better. After he took it and washed it down with juice he laid back down. 

 "Are you sure you're not hungry? It might help with your levels?" "I'm sure. I just want to go back to sleep. My side hurts still." "Okay. I'll be back in a while. I'm going to give Bella her bath and get her ready for bed then take a shower my self." "Okay." He slowly started to fall back asleep. I made sure he was comfortable and went to find someone to help me with Bella's bath, since Joe did it last time I went to see if Kevin and Dani wanted to do it so I could shower.

So I went to their room to ask them if they could give Bella her bath so I could shower. I knocked on the door and went in. "Hey munchkin, what's up?" Kevin asked. "I was wondering if you guys could give Bella her bath for me while I take a shower since it may take a while for me to take a shower with my knee."

"Sure, no problem." "Thanks guys. It helps alot." "Like we said, no problem. Now go take your shower and we'll get her bathed and ready for bed." I smiled and went back to the bedroom and picked out some clean clothes and went into the bathroom and locked the door. I started the water and placed my phone on the iPod dock and put some music on. 

20 minutes later, I was done and carefully dried off and got dressed. When I got out of the bathroom, Nick was up, which meant he either used a different bathroom or got something to eat. I decided to check the kitchen to see if he was in there eating. When I walked in I saw him sitting at the table trying to eat something. "Hey baby, feeling any better?" I asked him when I sat down next to him. "Kinda. Still feel really ick and run down." "Well finish up and you can go back to bed." He nodded and finished eating.

When he was done Denise took his dishes and washed them. "Don't worry about the dishes, I'll take care of them. You guys go to bed." "Thanks Mom." "You're welcome." So we went back to the bedroom and I got Nick comfortable before going to check on Bella. "I'll be back. I'm going to check on Bella."

"Okay." He started to fall asleep, so i kissed his head and went to check on Bella. I went to the nursery and found Kevin sitting in the rocking chair, hold Bella, giving her her nightly bottle while rocking her and singing her to sleep. "Hey." "Hey how's Nick?" "Bit better. Got him to take some medicine and got some food in his system." "That's a good start."

"Yeah. He fell back asleep after he took the medicine earlier and is asleep right now since he just ate." "That's good. You going to sleep soon?" "Yeah. Just came to check on her before I got too comfortable and fell asleep." "That's fine. I was just about done with her and was going to put her to sleep when she was done drinking." "Looks to me that she's done." He looked down and saw Bella starting to fall asleep and her bottle empty.