Chapter 46: Getting Bad news and flying out to South Carolina

~*~*~*~*~*Andi's POV ~*~*~*~*~*

I felt so bad for Nick when he told me he was getting sick. He sounded so miserable when I talked to him on the phone, but seemed a bit better when we video chatted but I could tell he still felt bad but put on a brave face for Bella so she wouldn't be upset. But i could see it in his eyes that he still was feeling bad.

As we were talking we managed to get Bella to say her first words. I started crying because I wished Nick was with me when she said it and not video chat but at least he was able to hear her say it. We talked for a bit longer after that, just until Bella started getting fussy and i needed to feed her then give her a bath. So I told Joe to keep an eye on Nick and make sure he didn't get to dizzy or sick enough that he had to be rushed to a hospital. I warned nick no more scary phone calls, especially when he's on the other side of the country.

So after I finished talking to the boys, I gathered up all of Bella's bath stuff and put it in the bathroom then got her from my room and took her into the bathroom. She didn't like it when I started undressing her and placed her in the tub but once she adjusted to the water, she calmed down and relaxed under my touch.

Once I was done, I quickly dried her off and got her dressed. Once she was dressed and happy, I hung up her towels and gathered up her dirty clothes and went back to my room. I put her clothes in the laundry basket and put her in her bed. I made sure she was comfortable and asleep before I gathered up all the clothes and went start our laundry.

~*~*~*~* 3 days later ~*~*~*~*

It been a couple of days since i talked to nick, and so far I haven't heard anything from them, which was a good thing. I knew they were going to be busy so they probably haven't had time to talk. As I was putting a load of laundry in the dryer my phone started ringing, it was Mama D. I was surprised that it wasn't they boys calling, but yet again they're probably really tired from all the performances and appearances they've done this week. So I started the dryer and answered my phone.

"Hey Mama." "Hey sweetie, how are you?" "I'm good, tired from school and therapy. How's the boys? Nick feeling any better?" "Actually that's why I'm calling. Nick made it through the concert fine but yesterday while we were out, he got worse." I started to get worried. "What happened? What do you mean by worse?"

"Well we were out walking around, exploring the area when Nick said he wasn't feeling good, like he was dizzy and nauseous again but worse, so he went to sit down on a bench when he fell but luckily Kevin caught him before he fell." "Well is he OK? What happened?" "He's in the hospital honey. Apparently his fever spiked pretty high which caused his levels to fall, which made him feel sick." I had to sit down when she told me that. I was so scared and sad. I told him to take it easy. This is what i was afraid would happen.

"If its okay with you, and of course your parents, I would like to fly you and Bella out here. I hate to say this but the whole time hes been sick hes been wanting you two to be here with him. I would fly out there and help you out with Bella the whole time on the plane. I will take our private one out there and meet you at the airport."

"Of course. I just finished school today actually. I would just have to let my parents know and my therapist as well." "That's fine sweetheart. I'll leave tonight and be there by tomorrow afternoon to help you pack." "Thanks alot Mamma. I was actually doing laundry when you called." "Well, start packing as much as you can tonight and I will help you with everything else when I get there."

"Okay. well I'm gonna start packing right now." "Okay, i'll let you know when I get back. I love you." "Love you too Mamma." Soon we hung up and I went inside to talk to my mom about what Denise just told me. She was shocked and very sympathetic about everything. She helped me pack my suitcases, one for me and one for Bella. I got halfway done with all the packing when I decided to call it quits for the night. I closed the suitcases and checked on Bella.