Chapter 32: Sick days

RECAP: When we were done, Denise went to check on Kevin. Nick and I went to find Joe and Frankie, so we looked in the same place they were last time and weren't there so we checked out back and sure enough they were outside playing with the dogs. So we went outside and joined them for a bit. We left Bella inside since she was still sleeping but kept the door open just in case she woke up. So we walked outside and went over towards the boys. "Hey guys." I said when we got closer. "Hey. Feeling better?" "Me yes, Nick and Kevin no." "I still feel really lousy and Kevin's just as bad, maybe worse." "That sucks. He rarely gets sick."

"I know. That's why Dani and Mom have been keeping a close eye on him so he doesn't get as bad as Nick did." "That's good. I don't think Dani wants to experience what you did." "Well I don't think anyone wants a repeat of what happened that day or week." "That's true. It was a hard couple of days when I was first admitted. I remember how upset you were and how bad I felt. We were both so miserable." "I know. They day you were admitted I was so upset at school because everyone kept asking me about the dog tags, because they all knew you were them, so when they figured out that they were yours, they kept asking me why I had them and not you."

"I'm sorry you had such a bad day that day. I didn't realize that I was getting that bad." "I don't think any of us realized that you were getting to that point." So we just sat there and talked for a bit longer until Mom came out with a fussy Bella. "Seems someone here is hungry or just wants to be held and rocked by her parents." I smiled and took her from her and rocked her a bit. "Hey sweetie pie. Why are you so upset? Are you mad that I left you inside?"

She calmed down a bit when I talked to her. "Come on, lt's go in and eat. Kevin's not gonna eat with us since he is so tired and weak from being so nauseous." "That's understandable. I remember how that feels." "What about Dani?" "She's gonna sit with us and take Kevin food when he's hungry. Hopefully he is able to keep something besides crackers and soda down. I hate seeing him so miserable." "I think we all do. He the one out of all 5 of us that rarely gets sick." "Well let's go eat. And then we can worry about Kevin." So we all went inside and ate dinner. We all enjoyed the meal together.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nick's POV

I hate being sick still. I knew I should have asked Frankie or Joe to come with me while I walked Elvis and Bella. But me being the person that I am, I decided to take them both out on my own. And now I'm regretting not asking for help. I feel so lousy now, but Kevin's alot worse than me. Mom thinks he may have caught my cold. It happens alot in this house since we are all so close to each other. I feel so bad for him, hopefully he doesn't get as bad as I did or else Dani is gonna go through what Andi did. And none of us want that to happen again.

Right now Andi, Bella and I are laying down in bed watching TV. Andi was getting better with her knee, she's able to walk around the house without her crutches, which she is super happy about, but has her bad days still and it hurts her too much to walk without them. Plus she's getting better with her Diabetes, she hasn't had very many bad high days, just a few low days but that's about it. I'm glad she's getting a better hang of it, she's doing alot better than I was when I was starting out.

I look over and see both my girls sleeping. I smile and put Bella in her bassinet and covered her up, "Night princess, Daddy loves you so much." Then crawled back into bed. Once I was comfortable, I shut the TV off and pulled Andi close to me. She sighed and got comfortable and went back to sleep. I smiled and kissed her before falling asleep. Around 2:30 Bella woke up, so I got up and fed her. Once she was done, I changed her and placed her back in her bed and went back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I noticed Andi was still asleep but she looked like she wasnt feeling good. I decided to wake her and see if she was alright. "Hey babe, you feel okay?" "No. Just feel so ick and run down for some reason. I have no clue why." "Okay. Just take it easy for today and I'll take care of Bella." She nodded and went back to sleep.