Chapter 17

Time Skip: 2 days later at the interview

"Please welcome Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, and Y/N L/N!!" Jimmy says. We all walk out on stage and sit down in the chair. There are 3 chairs in the front and two in the back. In the front is Tom, me, and Zendaya. In that order as well. Tom being in the chair next to Jimmy, me in the middle, then Z. Jacob is in the back seat that is between me and Z, Laura is in the back chair that's in between me and Tom. "Hey guys, how are you?" We all mutter our 'good's. " Alright, we are going to start off with the elephant in the room. The one everyone is wondering why is here. Y/N."

"Yes?" I say while I let out a little giggle.

"So, we've seen lots of pictures that the paparazzi took of you and the cast. We've also seen this picture..." He held up a picture of me and Tom at the cast party for the full name of the movie. The one I was hoping not too many people had screenshotted. But I was proven wrong. "What's up with you and this cast?"

"Well, Jimmy, I have been hanging out with Zendaya here for a while, and she invited me on set one day. That's what's happening." I look at Z and she smiles at me. I looked at Tom, I could tell he was stressed.

"Okay. But I must point out, you and Tom look pretty close for having just met that day. Either one of you have anything to say about that?"

"We ended up having one of those friendships where everything just clicked. So it didn't take long for us to warm up to each other." Tom says. I couldn't help but realize how he was right. Our friendship, since the very beginning, has taken no effort. If it does take effort, it's minimal. Why try and ruin that?

"Ahhh okay, I get that. Let's move on..." Jimmy says. He continues the interview and luckily I'm not asked too much because I'm not much better than Tom when it comes to spoilers so you can only imagine how nervous I am about keeping my whole character a secret. I'm also hoping Tom, and the rest of the cast can keep my character a secret as well because it's not just me that has to.

After the interview we walked out of the studio to head to the house that we all rented out to stay with each other for the 2ish days we would be down here. When we got to Tom's car (well, one he rented) he grabbed my wrist before I could start going on the side of the car that the passenger door was. He turns me around and we are not inches away from each other's faces. He takes a step back, being that we are in public, and he just stares at me. I look at him with furrowed eyebrows and my head slightly tilted. I let out a 'hm?" and he doesn't say anything for a minute.

"What's going on with us?"

"What do you mean, Tom?"

"I know I said in the interview that we were just friends but I can't help but feel like we are more than that. I mean, did you see that picture of us that he showed? We look so happy just being in each other's presence and you can't tell me that you don't see it too."

"I know Tom. But you have to understand that I don't know if I can do it. If I can be in a relationship with you. And it's not because I don't like you, I truly do, it's just... I don't want to get hurt again. And it's not the way you think I mean that but I'm not ready to tell you just yet."

"I get that Y/N, I really do. But I have to ask, what do you think I'll do to you? Do you really think that I would hurt you in any way?"

"I didn't think that he would..." I mumble. I don't even know if he heard me or not. The point was for him not to so I really hope that he didn't.

"What?"

"Nothing, let's just go to the house okay?" I turn around and walk to the passenger door and get in. Wow. Way to confuse the man Y/N.

He walked over to the driver's side and throughout the entire drive, I could tell he was thinking. I don't know what about, but he was definitely deep in thought for sure.

Word Count: 765