Chapter 18

I know that I should tell him. And I will. I just don't know how he will take it. I don't want pity, but he deserves an explanation as to why I've been acting the way I have been. It's not fair to him if I don't tell him.
When we get to the house, I went to my room to make sure everything I had was all packed up and ready to leave to go back home. I had to tell him before I left because we are going to different places and our planes takeoff at different times. So... it's now or never.
"Tom," I called as I looked around for him.
"Yea?" He yelled from his room.
I walked over to his room and saw that he was packing up the few things he used this morning to get ready for the interview.
"I know you deserve an explanation. So, that's what Im here to do. Give you an explanation."
"Okay.." he was hesitant. I don't know if he even actually wants to know or if he's just scared of what Im going to tell him.
I tell him everything about my abusive ex and how that kind of led me to not trust anyone and not want to accept anyone's love. He sat there the entire time and let me talk. I could tell that he was actually listening and taking it all in. When I finished talking, there was a long pause. I can't tell if it was because he was making sure I was done talking or if he was trying to figure out what to say.
"Y/N," he paused, "I want you to realize that I'm here for you. I wouldn't dare to do anything to hurt you. Ever. I don't know what was going through that dudes mind to think that it was okay to do that to you, or that it was okay to do that in general, no matter who it was to. I'm here to support you. Not tear you down. And I hope you don't take that lightly. I care about you Y/N. More than you'll ever know."
"Thank you Tom. It means a lot to hear you say that. I just want you to realize that I want to be in a relationship with you, but it's going to be difficult. It'll be difficult for you when it comes to dealing with my issues from my ex. It'll be difficult for me to watch you have to deal with me being petty when I shouldn't be or have no reason to because I'm scared. I don't want you to do something that you aren't prepared for."
"I'm prepared Y/N. I'm willing to go through that. And I want you to be mine, and I want to be yours if you'll have me."
"Yea, i think I'll have you then." I smiled, and so did he.
He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. My arms are over his shoulders and my head is on his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I felt safe, content, loved. Something I've been struggling to find for so long.
"I'll take care of you, darling." He said into my neck. I smiled and nodded since I couldn't form words.
We stayed hugging for a little bit before he pulled away.
"What time is your plane taking off?" He asked.
I looked at May Apple Watch to check the time. It was 2:17 pm.
"I gotta leave here to the airport in about an hour. My flights at 4, but I have to leave here at 3:20." He looked sad when I said that.
"What do we do now?" He asked
"Well, we stay with each other u til I have to leave and then we start planning a day or week where I can go over there or you can come down to me. There's also the fact that they'll be a premiere. I bet I can find out a way to go without being seen. I'll have to talk to Jon."
"Yea, I guess your right. We're gonna be so far from each other and I just got you." He said with a pout.
"I know Tom, but we can make this work, okay?"
"Okay." He said as he pulled me into another hug.
Word Count: 735
A/N
Y/N finally got the courage to talk to him. How do we feel?