🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 2𓆙🦋

Conversing by the Xahir River was a daily routine for the two sisters.It was something they've been doing ever since they were children.

The Xahir River was a sight to see in the forest. With crystal clear water filled with fresh water fish along with bright blue pebbles littering its bed and fallen moss covered logs at its bank.

Fauna was in her usual spot ,she was laying on a small moss covered log at the edge of the water.

Flora on the other hand didn't shy away from the water, her usual spot was always her standing in the water with her elbows propped on the log fauna was seated on .

This was their safe space, a place far from their home where they could be themselves. Far from their mothers judging eyes .

This was somewhere they could sit with their dresses pulled all the way up to the middle if their thighs.

Somewhere they could sit improperly without being told to sit more ladylike.

Gazing at eachother with a bright smile upon their faces they began to gossip about the things they would occasionally overhear their parents speaking about late at nights.

"Mother said Miss Thomas's daughter was talking to a stable boy "Fauna said.

"By Miss Thomas you mean the Miss Thomas that lives in the town?"Flora questioned.

"No". Fauna added sarcastically. "Of course I mean Miss Thomas from town,who else would I be talking about? "

With her pouted lips and face slightly facing away from Fauna,Flora began speaking.

"Maybe be a little more-?"

"Maybe be a little more what?"

"Direct?"

"Exactly, be a little more direct". Flora added with a small smile tugging at her lips.

"How was that not Direct enough for you?I said Miss Thomas's daughter. We only know of one Miss Thomas with a daughter. "

"Oh,it seems like I forgot about that,forgive me my lady.My mind wasn't in the right place".

They two young girls couldn't contain their laughter especially Fauna,which ended up falling off the log and into the water.Which just made them laugh even more.

"Mother's going to kill you."Flora said pointing her finger at her sister laughing.

"Mhmm, we have the same fate now."Fauna responded.

"Let's just walk around for a while until our dresses dry." Flora suggested .

When they both climbed out if the river onto the bank and began walking they resumed the conversation they were having earlier.

"So she's with a stable boy?Does her mother agree?"

"Of course she doesn't, Mother told father that she was furious when she heard."

"I'm guessing she found out because of the gossip around town."

"Yes,precisely, I heard Mother say that she's locked up in her room and isn't allowed out at all".

"I'm surprised someone could be that unlucky in love".Flora replied with a deep frown on her face.

For years now all she could hear bout were rich young maidens falling for poor men.

And it wasn't like she thought there was anything wrong with being with a poor man, but those young women would never be able to marry their lover.

Their parents would never allow it.A young girl from a prestige family marrying a stable boy.Their fanily would be the laugh of the town.

"Fauna ,what's her name again?"

"What's whose name?"

"Did you already forget what we were talking about?Honestly,you're such a silly girl".

"Oh come on,I was joking.Don't you know that Flora my dear?"

The two sisters fought to contain their laughter,but in the end they just busted out laughing.

By now the daisy feild about fifteen minutes away from home was in sight.

This daisy field held so many memories for the sisters and their family , there were two many , so much that they couldn't be written in words.

Flora was the first to start up a conversation this time around.

"I remember when we did this last year and dad just happened to call us when our dresses were still soaking-"

"Wet. Yes , I remember!"

"I remember those days".The two sisters said at the same time.

"Well let's hope that doesn't happen this time,I don't think you want another days worth if cursing in less that one night by mother again".

"That'll only happen if dad comes home early Flora,and you know he hardly comes home early, his work finishes just before sunset".

"It is just before sunset".

"No it's not".

"Look at the sky , it's changing colours already".

"Well shit, why didn't you mention this before?"

"Fauna,language! and I just realized that the colour of the sky was changing".

The expression on both their faces changed to one of horror .Their dresses were still soaked,they had simply planned to just walk around until their clothes dried but ended up walking the path home.

They both knew that it wasn't their father they feared but rather their mother.Whenever they did something wrong,like now , especially coming home late , and in wet clothes , they would never hear the end of it.

Gerald simply pardoned their mistakes and so now they weren't worried about their father calling them home.They were worried that thier mother was home.

Luck never seemed to be on thier side when they got into situations like this.

The loud call of their father boomed through the field and so the ten minutes walk they had left became five.

They had to run,because if he ended up calling more than three times the cursing that they'll recieve from their mother will be more than they can handle.

Even after all that running their clothes were still wet,the humid air did nothing to help them.

Almost as if sensing that they were near they heard the back door being roughly thrown open.

The girls couldn't help but glance down at their still wet dresses while slowly walking towards the house.

"Flora and Fauna! Get in the house right now!"Their mother barked at them.

Slowly entering the house the two girls went over to where their father stood trying to avoid thier mother's flaming eyes.

It's a pity they didn't know that both their parents were upset.