🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 13𓆙🦋

Things moved slowly when she was around him, everything seemed brighter and better. She wasn't dumb enough to not know that her family was locked up, that he had them locked up but, she honestly preferred being with him than being at home. she hadn't really had anyone around her truly care about her, so to her, he was truly a breath of fresh air.

were they late? would he truly tell his people that she was to be his queen or did he just say that or frighten her? many things swirled around in her head making her feel overwhelmed. feeling a feather soft tough to her cheek she snapped out of her overthinking. "What's going on in your pretty little head ?" he asked looking every bit of playful and not concerned.

Aha! that because he knows isn't it. " yes, yes it is. So if you would just stop overthinking and let things go the way they should, the way you want them to deep down". his words nearly made her choke on her spit, did he truly know how to read minds, or was that statement simply on the tip of his tongue waiting to be said.

they were walking the same hallways he had caught her half-naked earlier, she wondered why they were walking since she was almost sure he could teleport them into the throne room or ballroom. she'd seen her parents do it a few times but maybe it was simply because of their species, she couldn't be sure.

was he trying to let her have a walk of shame, learn the castle or just make a dramatic entrance? sensing that she was overthinking he reached down placing his hand on hers entwining their fingers. was it bad that he enjoyed her touch in every possible way?

As they neared the throne room he pulled her closer, placing his hand on the small of her back. earlier he had made the arrangement of adding another throne to the room, right beside his. He even went as far as turning his throne to face the audience.It's like her being there made him want to be closer to his people emotionally.

Was she making him stronger or weaker? stepping in front of the partially opened doors the king's herald announces his presence " King Atticus Zephyr has arrived!" he said speaking loudly to the crowd. Atticus had never arrived at court with a woman on his arm or with his face showing and so as his men began their routine "All hail the king" the words got stuck at their throat from how shocked they were.

The herald moved closer to the two " lady?" he said asking for her name so he could announce her presence . Flora made to answer but Atticus beat her to it.

"Lady Zephyr, Lady Flora Zephyr" both Flora and the herald's eyes widened in shock, she knew she wasn't Lady Zephyr but the poor man didn't and when the shock finally wore off and she was ready to clear up the misunderstanding the man announced her as such.

"Lady Flora Zephyr has arrived!" Everyone in the room's face mirrored a look of shock and she turned her head to the side giving him the bad eye.

He basically had just given her a false identity since she was certain she didn't carry his last name.

As Flora watched Atticus take slow deliberate steps to the thrones sitting in front of the crowd , she heard whispers from the mean in the room.

" Is this really the king?"

"I heard he was into men, this is all a ruse!"

" Doesn't she look familiar?" One said using his eyes to point in her direction. " She looks like someone I know."

"Poor girl, this man's the devil."

At first most whispers were of the king but as time progressed, all talk was about her. How she looked , her clothes, everything.

Feeling a soft hand engulf with hers , she felt herself being walked across the room to stand where the king had stood before.

Giving her hand a gentle squeeze Atticus guided her to the newly placed throne to the left of his. Viewing his subjects from this angle felt new to him but, he knew seeing them overall much be too much to bear for his future queen. This was probably the first time she's ever seen this many people in one place.

" Are you ok?" He asked ,using his freehand to move a wisp of hair on her face.

Her body felt worn down and strapped to the throne due to the deep stares she was recieving, silently hoping that everyone would find someone or something is to focus on ,she looked up and closed her eyes.

The king didn't mean to but he did tap into her thoughts at the moment, so everything he witnessed onwards made him everything that he learned about nymphs.

He watched as everyone that had been staring at her pause for a few seconds as if time had been paused then suddenly go back to normal speaking of a different topic entirely. War.

A topic they would speak of on third own,not unless he brought it up since they were all failing their jobs.

She looked over at him in that moment with an evil gleam in her eyes betraying her thoughts and her facial expressions and that's when it hit him.

She wasn't a nymph.

Watching his eyes flash red she finced her eyes snapped back to normal, back to the gentle eyes he knew.

Standing he gently pulled her hand alerting her that she was to follow suite.

"Silence!" He souted.

"This," he said placing his hand on her back " woman here, is your future queen". His voice wasn't harsh but, the expression on his face was enough to let them know it was a sort of warning.

The ' if you hurt her or disrespect her I'll have your head' look and even she could tell.

That side of him scarrd her but she knew it was something she'd have to get used to seeing as she would become his queen.

"Address her as Lady Zephyr".

She may not have liked the idea of being called Lady Zephyr but he is only trying to protect her identity, that way nobody would know Gerald was her father.

After the announcement he lead her back to his room where a meal was already prepared for her. He didn't sit to eat with her , he just stood there, watching her.

The food was more than enough for a table of five yet he wasn't eating so she asked if he would eat and his response was only a dull no.

He didn't tell her but maybe if he didn't know , what he knows now he would have sat to eat with her, but he needed to find out something....

What she was , because she certainly wasn't a nymph.

I'm really sorry about the late chapter, I literally just finished the chapter and didn't check for errors please comment when you find them .♡

I just really wanted you guys to get the chapter as soon as possible since it's been so long.

If you are enjoying the story so far please share and vote. THANK YOU♡