🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 21𓆙🦋

" Flora, Flora,"

Small hands grasped her shoulders in a tight hold as the soft and familiar voice called her name. It had been long, far too long since she'd heard the voice of her beloved sister.

" Forgive me, Flora," She said burying her face into her shoulders. " I cannot ask you to forgive me, for I have wronged you, terribly wronged you. Just know that there hasn't been a day, hour or minute that I haven't regretted what I have done. Please forgive me,"

She listened as her sister's voice cracked at the end and felt guilty for having not thought of her much but she had been wronged, and though what her sister had done should have been unforgivable, she had long ago forgiven her. But she wouldn't tell her for spite.

She knew that sometimes the only way to let people truly realize what they had done is to let them suffer through their guilt- let the guilt eat away at their consciousness, but when would she stop?

Weeks, maybe months from now. She had no idea but she knew she wouldn't do it anytime soon.

Her eyes slowly opened and she slowly scanned the room. She found her parents to one side, sitting with exhausted faces and gloomy eyes. Somehow she felt like it was her fault but deep down she knew that if they hadn't chosen to make them lead the lives they had there would be a different outcome.

They wouldn't have to be tired and sit in a cell being uncomfortable, but then again ... Wasn't this how they had always lived. Her face twisted as sadness took over her features for she knew that she and her sister had never really lived their lives. Fauna had long passed marriage age and so did she. Yet they had remained unmarried and kept in the dark.

When would they have let them know that there was a world where they could get married? Instead, they were taught that life was for worldly people and that people like them (her and her sister) were not eligible for love or marriage.

" Mother, father," she called after them. Their eyes met hers and held deep contact yet their mouths didn't move. She wasn't sure how she ended up where she was but she knew the king, she knew that Atticus would've never put her in a cell to stay so this was her parent's doing.

How could they not respond when she had ignored her sisters to greet them first?

Turning back she faced Fauna and watched the pained expression on her face, they hurt, the guilt, the betrayal but how– how could one think they deserve words whether kind or harsh from someone they had wronged?

" I apologize that this will be the first thing I say to you, but do know that I like you and missed you very much but, I'm unable to forgive you," Flora said as she stretched her hand to hold her sister's. " I don't forgive you".

Again, she looked at the guilt-ridden face that seemed to twist in slight anger. She knew anger was a common emotion, she had seen it displayed on the features of all her family so this time, given the circumstances, she gave her sister a tight-lipped smile.

" But I said I'm sorry, Flora I apologized."

" And I don't forgive you," she said moving more.

" What's left to forgive? I've already apologized. This isn't how we lived, this isn't how we live as sisters. What had that man done to you?"

A deep hatred for the king bloomed in her sister's eyes for the king. He had done nothing wrong, Her had been nice when her family hadn't and just like them she didn't trust him whole but she carried strong and deep feelings for him. Ones shared between a man and a woman.

Her mother began speaking " Fauna all you have is family, that king is no good, where is the daughter that I loved so much?" She saw her mouth open to say something else but she quickly cut herself off, she didn't know where she had gotten this newfound courage but for once she was proud of herself for finally standing up to her mother.

" You don't love me and neither of you has the right to speak about him that way, he has done so much for me. Replaced the coldness and space that you-" She said pointing towards her mother.

" Left behind. Father and Fauna were the only ones that loved me but sometimes, I wonder if the love they showed was even real. If I have changed, I have changed for the better and I will be your queen so mother, YOU WILL RESPECT ME!"

"Flora," his voice said softly. It shocked her how different she sounded and she rushed to his side gripping his hand between hers. " I've missed you, and since they find it hard to say I'll say it. You will never disappoint me, and I'm glad that you have changed, for better or for worse. You will always be my daughter and I love you, always,"

She felt overwhelmed but at least she knew that she had a father that would always stick by her side. A father that lived and cared for her even if he wasn't the best at showing it.

" I need you to do something," he said before looking around and gesturing at her mother and sister. " We need you to do something,  I apologize  for bringing you here this way, I don't believe the goddess was in any way easy to deal with."

A memory flashes of the goddess being hopeless between her yes and she grabbed onto her head as she felt a pounding headache building. She wondered if the memory was hers," it couldn't have been" she thought to herself.  She didn't remember anything like that.

" Flora, Flora," She heard the feminine voice echo across the room and turned around searching for the owner but there was no one else in the room.

She stood up confused and gripped the strands of her hair while covering her ears trying to block out the voice but to no avail, the voice continued.

" Flora, Flora,"

If you are enjoying the story so far please share and vote. THANK YOU♡

And don't forget to check out my other story Never Kiss and Tell❤️.

Dang, this chapter has been written for like 6-7 months now. Uhh, I'm sorry. I should've been keeping up with my writing but a part of me gave up on this book and the thought that maybe I would one day be an author. I'll still finish this, no matter how long it takes.