🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 19𓆙🦋

Beauty by nature, the gods had been sure to bless her appearance-wise. A true temptation to, nothing short of a seductress.

The woman before her stood tall, with gleaming eyes, one grey one blue. She's a demon, anyone could tell, one way to find a demon or witch was through their heterochromia, and the woman before her had it bad.

Her eyes pierced her, begging her to say something she would regret, her hair whipped around her and seemed to defy gravity, the long red locks floating above her dark blue dress.

" I shall give you clothes if you so desire," Flora thanked with pitiful eyes filled with wonder. Too many questions for her own good.

With the snap of a finger, she was clothed in a lighter blue dress of the same design.

Demons were a curse, a curse to the person who spent time with them. The balance of nature would never be the same again, the darkness and evil now had the proper means to taint an innocent soul.

" Will you let me go?" she asked timidly. Her voice trembled and echoed across the open space as she hoped the woman would pity her. " They miss me, He'll come looking for me,"

Keen questioning eyes watched her, the goddess stood wondering how the young girl had suddenly gained the courage to ask such questions, to brazenly mention her lover.

She knew he was restless, how his heart ached for the young girl to go back home but no, she refused she needed to have her for longer, she needed to make him yearn more for her presence.

And how pitiful the poor girl was, why family would do this to their child, they deserved the wait and whatever bad luck would follow them, she had thought of sending her back early just to be nice but ultimately decided against it.

For she knew this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, soon the hypocrites would change their minds, and turn their backs on her just like they always do.

"He deserves to miss you, after all, you're nothing short of ethereal," Flora scrunched her eyebrows, confused as to what the woman meant. She knew that beauty-wise there was always someone better, her mother had made sure she didn't forget that. Drilling it into her head every day growing up.

"You don't believe me do you?" The woman lightly touched her cheek and traced the outline of her brow bone.

" How could you-" The woman said staring deep into her eyes.
" Be anything but the epitome of beauty? Someone has been lying to you dear child you're anything but ill-favored"

" I shall take your word for it then... How shall I address you?"

" Goddess should do it,"

A soft smile was shared between them, all the fright that had taken up Flora seemed to vanish as the woman spewed sweet words.

The air around them became warmer and finally, the scenery changed, gone was that dreadful desolate place a warmer and familiar scenery to its place.

The place was familiar to Flora, it was the Xahir River, after all, minor details were different, so she knew this wasn't the place she had grown to love so much, this was just a projection, something the goddess did to make her feel more comfortable.

" I didn't expect to see myself, not so soon at least. I'd give it another hundred years," Her words left the girl confused. ' see herself?' she thought to herself, her brows scrunched tightly together.

Reaching she lightly touched the water reminiscing the time she has spent with her older sister. Oh, how she missed her.

" Are you sad?" The goddess asked, Flora, shook her head while slightly tilting it back in an attempt to not make the tears fall. The situation she was caught in was sad, yes, but she missed her family as well as her soon-to-be husband.....

The King.

" Don't cry sweet child, I'll let you out soon. They're waiting for you," The goddess reached for Flora's face and placed her palm on her cheek gently wiping away the escaping tears.

Her heart broke–it pained her to see Flora like that. Maybe it was due to the fact that she could see herself in her. For she had once felt trapped—constrained in a "fruitful" place, the only difference is that for her, there was no out. Well, that's what she thought at least.

" Will you tell me what you meant?"

Her eyes quickly locked onto Flora's, she no longer wanted to share the news. Somehow it didn't feel relevant anymore. What would she gain from telling someone just over 20 about their place in the world? What good would it do for her?

" I'm afraid I no longer wish to reveal such things," She said, seeming to be in a rush. This caused Flora to scrunch her brows.

She was confused 'What could that have meant?' she asked herself.

A small sniffle escaped her as she attempted to get closer to the goddess hoping to convince her otherwise. Needing her to break the egg.

Quickly the goddess pushed herself up before Flora could approach her. She refused to be coaxed into spilling something so important.

She walked hurriedly behind her, a part of her knew the child had chosen not to keep her eyes locked on her, Flora was more than meets the eye. Somehow and someway she was feeding off the goddess's emotions she was using them to her own advantage without even realizing it.

This meeting was going nothing like she had planned, it wasn't supposed to end like this, she wasn't supposed to say this much but that child, that child was something. Everything about her made her feel like saying things she shouldn't.

Even she had forgotten why she had brought her there in the first place.  "Why did I bring her here? Why would I bring her here? I don't even know this place." she whispered under her breath.

The air thickened as she searched for a way out, desperately attempting to rid herself of Flora's presence. She could feel her body slowly get heavier and heavier. Why is she feeling so drained?

Why is she being drained?

If you are enjoying the story so far please share and vote. THANK YOU♡

And don't forget to check out my other story Never Kiss and Tell❤️.