🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 17𓆙🦋

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

A thrilling scream could be heard throughout the palace soon to be drowned by the disrupted bath water.

Within an instant, the water that seemed to have changed colour went clear as the water became eerily still.

Workers all around went still at the sound of her scream and while their conscience begged them to investigate, to check if the person was ok, they knew better.

Working for a king meant the sound could deaf you and the visual could blind you but you'd still remain clueless.

Quickly they snapped back to their chores rushing to finish what was left for the day so that they could leave early. It was selfish of them, because they knew that voice, they knew who the scream belonged to but, they couldn't help it.

The King on the other hand was on edge, the moment he'd heard the scream he came barreling into her bedroom only to find it empty, the only trace of her having been there was her neatly folded clothes, a bath filled with water along with a single strand of her hair resting on the bathroom wall.

At at that moment he knew, he knew how she'd been taken away. Someone in the Castle had used Black Magic.

He might be the devil himself but this type of magic wasn't something he was familiar with. This dark and evil magic was reserved for those who claimed themselves to be " righteous" and             "faithfully" .

How dare they bring their wicked practices into his kingdom? After all he worked for, after everything he'd done to keep them safe from the dangers of the other kingdoms.

He pushed his hands through his hair, violently pulling on his strands. They'd gone too far, everyone should know better than to mess with a king and his beloved.

His hands slammed onto the bathroom sink ripping it from the wall. Holding it above his head Atticus threw it through the bathroom window. The sound of the glass shattering calmed his nerves a bit but the thought of someone hurting Flora weighed down on his mind heavily.

" Orion," He said summoning the raven shifter. Within seconds Orion flew through the broken window shifting into his human form.

" Summon all ministers to the throne room," Within an instant the shifter vanished from his sight.

With short determined steps the king made his way to the throne room finding it filled with all the ministers .As he sat on his throne Orion found his place standing beside him.

" I don't suppose you all know why you're here today," The ministers searched each other's worry-filled eyes searching for the answer. When nobody opened their mouth to speak, minister Williams stepped forward with teary eyes and shaky hands.

" No my king," He said his voice wobbling, Atticus scoffed and watched as they each stepped back abruptly.

" Come here," He said beckoning the minister towards him. Of course he knew better than to think they were capable of doing it but the satisfaction he gets when he lets his anger out on someone or something made him feel good.

"Don't let me call you again Andrew,"The man shivered in fright as sweat littered his forehead. With clammy hands and shaky feet, the minister took slow steps, carefully making his way towards the king.

Annoyed by the long wait, Atticus filled the gap himself, clamping his palms onto his neck. With the constant tightening of his hands, Andrew's face grew redder and redder.

Noticing the nearing of his last breath he removed his hands from his neck carefully placing him in a sitting position on the floor below.

A physician rushed towards him, immediately tending to the half-dead man on the floor.

With piercing eyes Atticus searched the room for his next victim, no one would have peace when his mind was full of all the turmoil and chaos in the world. No one should be safe if she's in danger.

He harshly stepped onto the physician's toes and gestured for the man to move out of the way.

"All step forward," His voice boomed across the room and once again, it's occupants even Orion shivered in their boots. They followed his orders with fright painted on their foreheads I'm bold letters. Hesitant steps and downcast eyes filled the room.

He glanced around tapping his shoes impatiently. Did they not see that this was some " urgent" business? One by one they all fell into place still avoiding his eyes.

He cleared his throat and watched as they eyes flew up to meet his. 'Interesting, I have a wonderful idea' he thought. A sudden smile flashed onto his features, it was unexpected and far from welcoming. At that moment they knew that what was to come wouldn't be ordinary.

They each took deep breaths to calm themselves suddenly enjoying minister Williams as they were sure that what they will be experiencing. Will be worse than what he had.

Their thoughts crowded the room, their fright seemed to have made them forget to block their thoughts from those who could read minds, creatures like their beloved king.

Each thought overpowered Atticus, filling his mind and annoying his soul. He closed his eyes and rested a hand on his head attempting to block them out, trying to be merciful and understanding but it wouldn't work.
"Silence, please silence your thoughts,"

His attempt to make them stop failed as the thoughts seemed to only get louder and louder as the seconds passed, with an irritated grunt and deep breaths he tried to calm himself ultimately failing.

Searching the room, he looked for the person with the loudest thoughts. There he was cowering behind another. " You,"  he said, catching the man's attention. "Don't make me have to make an example of you," A tear slipped from the man's eyes, the king's voice scaring him into blocking his thought from Atticus again.

The others slowly followed suit, gaining control of themselves. It took a while but finally, Atticus felt a bit at peace. Again he smiled, intimidating the room.

"Smile," When no one obliged, he waved his hand speaking again, this time sterner than before. "Smile, I said smile,".

Sad weary smiles filled the small crowd, slowly, one step after the other. He walked around inspecting each smiling face. He was quite content that everyone looked weary and that no enthusiasm took rest in a room filled with his sadness.

Halfway through his steps picked up, getting faster and faster until— there, two metres before him stood minister Ashton Charlens, big beaming smile, one that seemed to happy for his liking.

Biting his wrist he allowed his blood to drip onto the floor, forming a golden sword blood red in colour from the heat that consumed it. Atticus took study steps until finally, he was standing before Ashton.

With one swift movement he brought the sword onto the man's neck and watched as his face contorted in pain, yewt the smile never faltered. Bringing his face closer to his and tilting it to the side, the king asked him one question .

" Why do you look so happy?"

Without giving the poor man time to answer he pulled the sword away and placed its point at the left of his chest where his heart lay, giving him a slight tease.

Of course he wouldn't kill him, but who says he couldn't have some fun?

If you are enjoying the story so far please share and vote. THANK YOU♡

And don't forget to check out my other story Never Kiss and Tell❤️.