🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 6𓆙🦋

Gerald seemed to have something to say, but he knew that nothing he said could change the kings mind.When he left Orion made his presence known to the king , he was perched on a small branch outside the biggest and only window in the throne room.

Flying through the window he changed back to his human form. "Atticus , I'm guessing you told him".

"Yes I did ,I can't see why he didn't tell me himself. I wanted him to come to me and tell me he had children. You know how much I trust him and so it hurt me a little." Atticus said with a look of sadness on his face.

" I wouldn't want you to know I had children either,especially if I had two girls like him". Atticus looked at him witg dissaproval. Why wouldn't they want him to know. Surely it wasn't because they know he had a history of bedding many women out of his nation.

" You sure know how to flatter your King".

" Of course I do,I wouldn't want to lose my head for disrespecting you".

Walking towards the window the kimg went to stand beside Orion.

Orion was a Raven shape shifter the king took in about a hundred years ago.
He didn't introduce Gerald to him simply because he didn't want him to get suspicious when he sees a raven in his backyard.

"Did you do what I asked you to?" The king asked. He had asked him to spy on them a few days ago.

" I did, you know I don't like doing things in the day so, I went in the night. I saw one of them sneaking out . She used a ladder at the room window. I'm guessing it's her room."

" Now for the not so good but good news , she saw me. I was sitting in a peach tree in there yard and saw her staring at my eye, and before you ask I don't think she realised that I saw her".

"You little shit, you've scared the poor girl off with-" Atticus said throwing his hand in the air a few times eventually pointing at his face " That face!".

Orion couldn't believe the words coming out the kings mouth , the girl seemed quite entranced when she saw him.

" I will have you know the girls in the underworld quite like this face, so don't be shocked if she wants me and not you."

"And what are the chances of that happening?"

Orion remained silent,there was no way
anyone could challenge the king's looks.He wondered if that was the reason the king refused to show his face.

Atticus wanted to know more about the other sister, tonight he would go there himself.He wanted to see her in person.

"I need you to go there tonight. I want to see them".

Orion furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.He was sure that Atticus watched the sisters through the mirror everyday.

As he opened his mouth to speak the king interupted him

"I wan't to see them in person, was that not obvious?"

'No it wasn't obvious,I'm not going to force myself to understand everything you say'.

The king listed his hand and slapped him om the back of his head.

"What did you say?" Shock was evident on his face when tge king said that, he had forgotten that the king could read minds.

"Did you forget that I can read minds? Anyway-" The king said walking into his connecting study.

He walked over to his desk and sat down taking up the bottle of wisky he had left there earlier.

"Pass me me that glass". He said pointing over to a gold cupboard filled with old fashion glass cups.

When Orion placed the cup on his desk he opened the bottle of whiskey and poured himself a glass full.

Things weren't going well for Atticus lately. Not only were the people from Indra slowing making their way into his land but he basically also had to babysit  his officials. Him having to babysit them wasn't what was bothering him most though. The Indra people were the main problem at the moment.

He knew that they were coming to start a war, and he knew how to stop them. He had the power to but, the thing is , he needed to know who was instigating them .

In his mind it was definitely someone that works in the castle, he just needed to find out who was comminting treason. He gave his people an inch yet time and time again they sneakily took a mile.

Just the thought of how much money he would have to spend one the war was giving him a headache. Spending a bunch of money to kill useless people was just a waste of money, and this wasn't something he liked to see.

Orion seemed to notice the kings change of mood . "Are you worried about the war Atticus?" he asked the king.

"Why would I be worried about the war?" Orion had been watching the king closely and by the look on his face he could tell that the upcoming war between them and Indra was botheringhim quite a bit.

"Are you sure that you're not worrried about the war in any way? I know you are so what's up?"

"Fine I'm worried about how much money i'll have to spend on it and who the hell is commiting treason against their king! I just want to find the person so I can kill them and get it over with".

"Do you have any idea of who it might be? Do you know of anyone other than almost everyone that wants to kill you?" Atticus had many enemies , almost everyone hated him. Maybe it was because they envied him or maybe it was because he always found a  way to be an ass to almost eveeyone he meets.

There was only one person he could think of. Only one person he knew had enough motivation to kill the king.

"No, not really, but it has to be someone that works in the castle".

"Atticus at this point I think you're just making excuses for him".

"Orion, I know him well enough to know that he wouldn't do something this stupid, it couldn't be him so don't bring him up again".

"Atticus, it couldn't be anyone else so if you could stop being so stubborn and look into what he's been up to .That would be good".

Orion didn't even bother to hide how upset he was. He stormed out the room slamming the door in the process. Hoping the king would change his mind.