🦋𓆙ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 5𓆙🦋

♧Earlier On In The Day♧
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The king had been watching Gerald's daughters for a while now, he wondered if Gerald didn't warn them that the Xahir River was a two way mirror.

Anytime they went there he could see them.They were truely beautiful, he watched as the colour of their hair changed over the seasons and how close they were as siblings.

As he sat in the throne room of his castle watching as his subordinates rushed in he sighed.No one could imagine how upsetting it is to work with these people,they never brought good news.

Well,in truth, two brought good news.
Orion and Gerald always seemed to bring him good news the rests were good for nothing .

Unlike every other throne room he had visited before ,his throne was facing the wall ,he never allowed them to see him.

When he heard the the doors shut everyone bowed thier heads.

"Long live the king!"The said in unison.

"Of course ,you guys don't think I plan on dying anytime soon, now, do you?"
He said laughing,some of them were plotting agajnst him,planning a revolt but from his words they knew they would never live to see the king being removed from the throne.

"Any good news for me?If you guys continue to be incompetent you will lose your post , and remeber ,what happens in the castle stays in the castle so, it's either work for me or lose your life."

The king had let go of people in the past and the first thing they did was throw mud on the monarch,never agaim will he be lenient enough to keep them alive.

"Anyway I take it that you guys have good news .I wouldn't expect anything less from my loyal and competent subjects ,now would I?"

Nobody responded to the king,they had no good news,only bad and the lie they had ben telling the king for the past few weeks couldn't work anymore,he definately knew they were lying.

"speak,I don't have all day".Atticus already knew that they had been lying to him,just the fact that they were giving him good news was enough to rise his suspicions,so he went and checked it out for himself.If they lied to him today they would be spending some time in the dungeons awaiting their death penalty.

"My king,we don't have any information so,we don't have anynews for you today. I will see to you that we find out something and have some good news ready for you tommorow".

These people neverknew when to stop lying for their own good thought Atticus.Minister Williams for one knew how much he hate lying,he had first hand experience with how the king behave when people lied to him, he had been punished for it before.

"Don't lie to me Minister Williams".The king made sure the anger could be heard in his voice,he was angry with them for withholding the information.Though he already knew what they were going to tell him ,he was till upset because they kept delaying the news.

"My king". Another misnister said making his way infront of Minister Williams."People from Indra have been caught camping up north".

"Is that good news?All you people ever do is dissapoint me.Guards! take them to the dungeon".

Gerald was waiting outside the throne room listening in incase the king called him. He didn't think it was necessary for him to be there unless he needed to be, and now that the ministers were being pulled out he decided to make his way in.

" Gerald I didn't think you were coming today".

"Atticus,you were dealing with everything quite well,I didn't think it was necessary for me to come in."

Gerald was one of the only persons that had tge previlage of vallung the king by his first name . It took years for them to even get this close.

He had been serving the king from his teens till now he had easily been serving the king for over two hundred years.

He didn't how old the king was and he didn't bother to ask , and even after all these years the King looked as young as ever.He didn't seem to age and so it was evident that he wasn't a human like tge others in the castle.

"You're right, you didn't need to come in today but,now that you're here I have few things to ask you".

"Not about my wife I hope". Gerald joked and laughed ,maybe his laugh was contagious because not long after the king joined him in the act.

"I'm fine,I'm not into married women".

"Anyway,all these years that you've been married you've never thought of having kids?"

Gerlad paled at the kings question how woule he answer,even though tge amused look on the king's face already tikd him that the king knew of his daughters.

Would a lie save him even though the king knew the truth? Would the king try to persue his daughters?

But what of the king didn't know,what if this was just a test to see if he had daughters or not,Gerald could never be too sure .He could admit thay he did have children or he could lie about it in hopes the king didn't know.

He chose the latter ,he'd rather lie in hope that the king didn't know and was just testing him.

"Well, someone brought news to me that there were some nymphs in the forest by the Xahir Rìver".

"If they were your children I'd leave them alone ,but since they aren't , I want you to bring me to them."

Gerald paled even more than before, and the king loved his reaction, he would've wanted to see the girls whether Gerald said they were his Children or not.

"My king, why do you want to see them?"

"Well,to see which one's fit for marrige of course".

By this point Gerald was finding it hard to breathe,he couldn't let the king marry either of his daughters.He wouldn't allow it.

"My king , they are my daughters!" Gerald cried out falling to his knees , hanging his head low. Atticus made his way infront of him and used his index finger to lift his face by his chin.

"I know, and I still want to see them, consider this your punishment for hiding them from me".

"You can leave".