2.

Deep, gravely silence followed, the girl letting out a shaky exhale before finally daring to raise her head and look around her, noticing the four bodies lying around.

Like a newborn cub, she got up on unsteady legs and looked back to what was left of their old Cammie, breaking out into a pained sob as she could notice Tate dangling inside all motionless.

With tears streaming down her cheeks again she took a few trembling and painful steps in his direction, only to have them falter as soon as she accidentally noticed the outline of a tall and bulky body steadily approaching down the road.

Furrowing her brows, she took a better look, noticing his olive green attire and black army boots, along with the heavy gun strapped to his thigh.

Trailing her gaze to his face, she looked at that black mask covering his nose and mouth, immediately realizing what he was.

BloodHound.

Her eyes widened, alarms going off in her head right before her body turned in the opposite direction on its own accord, forcing her legs to move and soon, she broke off into a sprint, everything else momentarily forgotten.
For this thing right behind her, he was no random scavenger.

He was far worse.

He was the nightmare in every child's dream. He was one of the beings that could make any human tremble, no matter how strong or brave.

He was the very symbol that put raw, crippling fear in every single survivor on this planet.

She was no match to him. For not only that he was an insanely powerful male but also, he wasn't even human.

Her heart pounded as her hole-filled canvas shoes rapidly hit the asphalt, pushing herself as hard as she could.

She knew she needed to escape. There was no other option.

This thing behind her, he was not something she could deal with. Hell, she would've rather dealt with an army of scavengers instead.

Anything but him.

Few sobs escaped her lips as she kept on running as fast as she could, not even daring to look back. For she knew that if she did, she would immediately know that she was doomed.
She rather preffered not to know if he was close enough or not because this way at least she couldn't predict the exact moment he would catch her.

Unfortunately that blissful obliviousness didn't last long as within the following moment, she finally felt that unmistakable warmth of a gloved hand taking ahold of her arm, sending her flying on her back over the asphalt with a single powerful tug.

She screamed as hard as she could, her blood freezing with ice-cold fear as he didn't waste a second and jumped on top of her, effortlessly imobilizing her with just one hand.

She whimpered, eyes wide as she dared look up at the face of the object of her deepest fear.

His powerful thighs rested at each side of hers, effectively holding her trapped under his heavy weight as his gloved hand held her arms bound together while the other rose to take his mask off, making her let out another scared whimper.

Only the moment her gaze found his, she took a sharp and surprised intake of breath as she noticed their peculiar deep violet color, two entire universes seeming to exist within them as instead of two black pupils, millions of tiny stars shined, one brighter than the other.

Time seemed to stop as she simply stared up at him, a mild breeze gently ruffling the longer and light brown locks at the top of his head, his flawless features completely emotionless...until he eventually started to lean closer, making her tremble with fear.

"N-no...please..." She whimpered, taking another sharp intake of breath as she could feel his warmth breath fan over the side of her neck, thoroughly inspecting her scent.

"No! Please no!" She cried out, starting to desperately squirm as soon as the feathery touch of his thin lips caressed her neck, mere moments before a sharp pain had her screaming in agony.

One of his thin fangs had elongated and it was now puncturing her neck, prelevating a small blood sample for the check-up.

It only took but a mere second for him to recognize her as a Negative as soon as his saliva reacted to her blood cells, making him feel that euforic sweet taste.

He swiftly pulled back, his galaxy eyes sweeping over her dirtied features as he was already aware that she most definitely will not be compliant in their journey back to the base.

So he once again leaned over and brought his perfectly-shaped nose close to the side of her neck, with the sounds of her small cries and whimpers his other fang elongating as he injected that paralyzing venom into her system.

**

His army boots thudded over the clean white floor, the girl dangling unconsciously over his shoulder as he walked to the exam room.
And as soon as he entered and placed her over the table, an assembled crew of human assistants and bots proceeded to remove her every clothing article until she was completely bare, continuing with the process of cleanup and disinfection.

Though her thin and frail body was covered in small cuts and bruises, her skin appeared to be otherwise healthy, despite the harsh environment she was coming from.

No sign of damaged bones.

One of the maintenance bots confirmed after a full x-ray scan, the human assistants doing their last small tasks such as removing any unnecesary hair from her body and trimming her nails before gathering their smart kits and exiting the room.

The BloodHound however remained rooted to his spot, guarding the subject until two of the doctors assigned to the Negative program entered, ready to do the full inspection.

Dr. Nasri entered first, her dark brown eyes trained on the fragile figure laying over the white table as she held a tablet close to her chest.

"So...another Negative has been found, huh?"

"And she is a fine specimen too," Dr. Nazarov commented as he followed his co-worker, taking a close look at the girl.

"Hands off, Sasha. Experiment subjects are off limits, remember?" The young female mildly reprimanded her work partner whilst putting on a pair of gloves.

"Gaah! Why do they get to have all the fun, huh?" Dr. Nazarov complained, his green eyes trained on the motionless BloodHound standing by the wall with a blank look on his face.

"Because their DNA has a higher match with the Negatives' and they can't alter the blood type, remember?" The female reminded him as she prelevated a blood vial from the girl, placing it into a machine for analysis before she took some cotton swabs and proceeded to take samples from every orifice the girl had.

The male doctor remained silent and commenced with a basic check-up of the young girl's internal organs, using a special scanning device.
Once he was done, he moved on to feel every inch of her body for any undetected irregularities, unnecesarily using a little bit too much strength and bruteness once he reached her intimate areas as he could not help but secretly feel a little jealous over the fact that only the BloodHounds were allowed to breed with a Negative, in order to keep the blood pure.

However, the single thing they failed to notice was the way the BloodHound's gloved hand unconsciously twitched above the gun strapped to his thigh, every single time Dr. Nazarov laid his fingers over the unconscious girl.