29.

"Madeleine..." "Madeleine..."

"Madeleine,"

She could hear that masculine voice, the sound muffled as if she were underwater and slowly breaking through the surface as the voice gradually became clearer and clearer until she could perfectly hear Elias' gentle tone, feeling a light tap over her cheek.

Her eyelids fluttered open, meeting those blue and dark like the starry night eyes, his straight nose so close to touching hers as he held her pressed against his bare chest, almost suffocating her with his burning heat.

"Emerick," She mewled, abruptly jolting upwards and out of Elias' hot embrace as she immediately remembered exactly where she'd lastly seen him and what state he was in.

Something was not right.

"I have to see him," She anxiously blurted out, crawling over the bed closer towards Elias as she pleadingly gazed into his galaxy eyes.

"You have to rest. You are still recovering from that panic attack. I cannot risk-"

"No! I want to see him!"

"Will you please let me see him? Please, I will do anything! Please let me see him!" She begged and moaned, blinking away those small tears forming at the corners of her eyes as she could not help but fret over his safety.

What if he had already been injured by that other BloodHound? Or worse...

"Please! Let me see him just once! I will do anything you ask I swear, just please let me see him!"

"You say you will do anything?"

She hesitated for a moment as soon as she heard those words from him, realization suddenly dawning upon her as she did notice that lustful glint barely visible in his galaxy eyes yet in the heat of the moment, she rapidly nodded anyway.

"Please..."

"Very well," He simply conceded, making her startle as faster than her eyes could follow, he suddenly moved forward and grabbed a firm hold of both her upper arms, the girl casually noticing how small she actually seemed under his hands, making her also acutely aware that there were so many things he could do to her if he only whished so.

He was an insanely powerful, way more intelligent and much less emotionally sentient being.

Whereas she was just a scrawny and powerless girl.

"I trust you will honor your words," She quickly turned her head and rose her chin as he spoke, gazing up at his deceivingly handsome face.

"But before that, I must warn you that I do not tolerate lying humans," He added, his deathly calm expression managing to scare the freak out of her even though she remotely nodded.

Fuck! What did she just agree to?

She anxiously thought as the Alpha only peered into her earthian blue eyes for another moment before shifting off of the bed.

"Come. I will take you to him,"

She quietly obeyed and shifted closer towards the edge of the mattress as well, escaping a surprised gasp as he swiftly grabbed her and took her in between his arms, coaxing her to wrap one arm around the back of his neck while her other hand rested against the middle of his bare chest, faintly feeling that strong and steady beat underneath her palm.

Just like a human's. Except he wasn't.
He was something much much scarier.

She timidly rose her gaze to look at him as he exited the room, meeting his intense and assertive one as he kept his attention trained on her, seemingly aware of his own surroundings as well as he kept moving and taking turns from time to time with such ease and without even breaking eye-contact with her once.
But with each moment that she was witnessing bits and bits of his actual strength and abilities, the more she became more and more frightened of him. Of everything he represented.