31.

Her arms remained wrapped around her bare knees as she sat over the mattress with her back pressed against its soft and semi-crescent headboard, resting her forehead against her knees and refusing to raise her sight from her lap as she could hear movement somewhere in the room.

She slowly breathed, revelling into that single moment of peace and closing her eyes as her mind carried her back to those moments with Emerick, her heart warming at the memory of the feel of him, his sweet scent and those soft lips...

She pushed out a sigh through her nostrils, a strong sense of longing tugging at her very soul as she realized how much she actually missed him and that she just wanted to be with him now...

Free, and with him by her side, protecting her and keeping her warm at night...

"Madeleine,"

She shivered at the sound of that masculine voice, mistaking it as Emerick's for a fleeting moment before quickly remembering exactly who was in the room with her.

She refrained herself from making any acknowledging gestures, secretly thinking that maybe if she would remain still for long enough then he would just go away somehow.

Sadly, that didn't happen.

"Come. You have to receive some nourishment or you will start losing consciousness and get sick," She heard him gently say from somewhere close to her.

"Good," She flatly mumbled back, stubbornly refusing to even throw him a glance as she remained in the exact same position.

"Madeleine," He warned, his tone a little bit graver before she felt that small tingling over the skin on her leg.

"Would you please stop touching me?" She all but growled, raising her head to throw him a menacing glare.

"You know, I could always sedate you and make you obey," He calmly said as he looked into her anger-filled eyes, seemingly eager to stir her some more.

"Right, 'cause that's what you always do, don't you? Drug people so that they could do whatever you want," She retorted.

In less than a second, she found herself pressed against that headboard and with her knees spreaded either side of his waist as he held her trapped in his lap, his hot breath fanning over the side of her neck as his hands firmly held onto the headboard either side of her body.

"I could do it right now. I could sink my fangs into you and turn you into a lifeless and compliant object right here and now. There are so many things I could do to you, and you wouldn't even be able to lift a single finger to try and stop me. You can't even begin to understand my power, Madeleine, and I am fairly certain that you never will," He whispered into her ear, feeling her fast pulse and that raggedy breathing as she remained completely still.

"Luckily for you, that is exactly what keeps you alive and well right now. My naturally-inherited intelligence and excellent ability to understand human nature, amongst other species,"

He gently wrapped his hand around her fragile throat, slowly coaxing her to look up into his cold galaxy eyes as he lightly pushed up against her chin with his thumb.

"Because if I were to think like one of your underdeveloped human fellows you would've already been just an empty host, tortured into submission and with my heir growing inside of you,"

He spoke, his thin lips so close to hers as he peered into those wide and fearful earthian eyes, just starting to feel that peculiar and hot sensation pressing against his resolve and towards a certain extent.

His gaze unintentionally flickered over her small and pouty lips, suddenly deeming them so oddly appealing as he could feel a craving to taste them, just like he'd seen her doing with the BloodHound's mouth.