14.

Madeleine's body shivered once as an almost painful pressure constricted on the lower parts of her abdomen.
She groaned in displeasure, her senses partly awakening as she turned onto her back and slowly blinked for a few times, barely waiting for the drowsiness to wash away before she dizzily climbed down from the bed and made her way towards the bathroom, eager to relieve herself so she could return to her favorite place.

So she slapped that button just like she'd been doing in these last two days since their embarkment, mindlessly rushing inside as she was the only one using it anyway.

She was just about to reach the toilet when she abruptly froze, almost pissing herself as she let out a loud and startled screech, eyes wide as she stared at the glistening wet and completely naked male standing barely a step away from her.

"W-what are you doing?!?" She squeaked out, her stretched out palm blocking away the view of his male parts as she bashfully peered up at his calm and unaffected features.

"Lowering my body temperature," He simply answered, sounding a little bit unsure as his head tilted to observe her.
"I need to keep it at a lower temperature so it doesn't burn through all of my energy resources," He casually explained, noticing that red blush tinting her cheeks and the sound of her rapid breathing whilst her heart pounded so fast within her chest, those ragged breaths and that specific color tinting her cheeks, along with the faint scent of her musky sweat eliciting certain reactions within his body and mind.

And the moment he realized what was happening to him he curiously stared down to the lower half of his body, unintentionally making her follow his line of sight and have a good look at his now fully erected member, standing stiff and all swollen with bulging veins as it demanded attention.

"Oh my god!! What are you doing?!?" She shrieked, immediately turning her back to him to cover her face with her hands in utter embarrassment and a little bit of fright, her blood furiously rushing in her ears as she struggled to erase that image from her mind as it was the first time she was actually seeing all of him, without the effect of that powerful drug he'd previously injected into her stream everytime he'd touched her.

"I apologize. This has never happened before. Not without control anyway," He mumbled as he kept staring at that certainly disobedient part of his body with a frown, entirely failing to understand why the sudden change.

Why couldn't he control it anymore?

"I don't care! J-just finish whatever you were doing and let me use the bathroom!" She shouted back at him, feeling the tension releasing through her every pore as she kept her back turned to him and fastly exited the bathroom before he could even try and apologize again.

He stared at his stiff and hard shaft for a moment longer, lastly dismissing his thoughts as he could feel his internal temperature burn through his body again. So he stopped wasting precious time and stepped back into the shower cubicle and turned on the freezing cold water again, taking five deep and measured breaths before turning it off and exiting again.

He didn't spare time to dry his skin as he did not want to keep her waiting any longer so he hastily dragged his pants and boots back on, feeling that increase in her stress hormones as soon as he exited the small bathroom.

She did not cast him a single glance before she rather furiously stormed inside, careful enough to press that button and close the door behind her.

He didn't have to wait for too long before she exited the bathroom again, consciously avoiding to look at him as she hopped back onto the bed and adopted a crouched position, holding her knees to close her chest as her gaze wandered anywhere but to him.

"Your DNA is of illyrian descent," She heard him say after a moment, her sky blue eyes unintentionally trailing to him.

"A long-lost civilization, originated from Lyra. The very same planet your people call Mars nowadays," He continued, pleased to have finally captured her attention as he held her timid gaze.

"Illyrian females and laxian males have always had a special connexion, ever since the beginning of both civilizations," He explained, the girl's soft features contorting with interest as she listened to his words.

"They sought for each other and fought for each other, for every laxian male had a destined illyrian female,"

"Like a soulmate?" She abruptly interrupted, reminiscing certain stories she'd read back when she was still going to school.

"Precisely," He answered, further rousing her curiosity.

"But what happened? Why did they die? And how come I have illyrian DNA? I'm from Earth," She countered with a frown, watching the alien's galaxy eyes lower for a moment.

"I don't know. I didn't get to learn much about laxian and illyrian history," He truthfully answered.

"S-so you think I could b-be your soulmate?" She suddenly asked after a moment of processing all the information he had given her, eyes widening as she stared at the male with a tiny hint of fear and shock.

She certainly did not want that.

"Impossible," He rushed to answer, immediately hearing the small and relieved sigh gently blowing past her lips.

"You are an earthling. You are not pure illyrian,"

"But that certain match, that could be the reason my body reacts to yours so strongly," He calmly explained, reffering to that incident back into the bathroom, once again hearing that increase in her heartbeat as her blue eyes widened, her fear-stricken mind probably already starting to conjure up the worst case scenarios.

He immediately reprimanded himself for the choice of telling her all that upon noticing that change within her, his mind commanding him to try and offer some sort of comfort.

However, his choice of actions seemed to only increase her distressed state as as soon as he tentatively took a single step in her direction, all reason left her, giving in to the fear.