44.

The bathroom door slid open with a small hiss, the illyrian princess watching as the BloodHound exited with powerful and determined strides, his combat-trained body completely nude and damp, small droplets of water still dripping from the tips of his hair and certain areas of skin.

He carefully cradled the apparently unconscious little earthian in between his arms, her body equally bare and wet, leaving small trails of water over the floor as he carried her all the way towards the bed.

"The Alpha will have your head for this. And your mating organ," Meoni observed in laxian language, keeping a neutral expression.

"He can try," Emerick dismissively answered back, keeping his attention trained on the little human as he gently placed her on the bed.

"I should tell you, your blatant rebellion against the Alpha and his authority still leads me to believe that you might be his halfling after all," The princess continued with conviction, watching him swiftly turn around at the sound of her words, visibly irked.

"And I have told you and I will tell you again; I have no connexion to that filth,"

"And you are well-endowed too. Congratulations, laxian," She brazenly remarked instead with a tilt of her head after a quick and thorough inspection of his thick and very virile-looking male organ, receiving no reaction from him as he continued to look at her, completely unbothered.

He did resemble the Alpha in so many aspects, whether he was aware of it or not.

"And a very potent mating partner, apparently. You managed to mate her into unconsciousness. Half of Celesta could hear her cries," She continued with a giggle, the BloodHound choosing to ignore her remarks and reactions altogether as he strode to the bathroom to retrieve Madeleine's discarded dress, then quickly returned and started dressing the girl with it.

"What are you doing?" The princess curiously asked as she watched him hold the unresponsive little human with one arm whilst using his other hand to carefully slip her dress on.

"Earthians are very private about their nudity. Public displays are very frowned upon. They only prefer baring themselves in intimate and secluded environments," He explained whilst continuing his task, already aware of the stem of her confusion.

"They are such odd creatures. She didn't appear too hesitant in my presence though," She thoughtfully replied, her eyes opening a little wider as she noticed the BloodHound abruptly stop and turn around to regard her with a dangerous look, immediately making her aware of her mistake.

"Again, I apologize. I wasn't aware of your intentions to claim her for yourself," She excused herself with her palms up, gesturing a surrendering sign.

"I did not claim her. She is not mine to have. She did not express her desire to be claimed by me. I am merely executing whatever she requests of me. Her wish is my command, and if that means that I have to be her mating partner, then I will gladly do so. I will only ever be whatever she wishes me to," Emerick's gaze trailed back to the peacefully sleeping girl as he spoke, the inside of his chest filling with that familiar warm and tingling feeling as he looked at her beautiful features.

His life-sustaining organ only kept him alive for her. He regretted every passing moment that he'd captured her and brought her to the facility that day, and that he'd hurt her so much by doing what he did. He loathed with his very essence what the Alpha and all those humans did to him. They turned him into a non-sentient executioner, and because of that he ended up hurting her in the process.

This fragile and endearing little being.

His hand timidly moved to touch her cheek, gingerly caressing her with the back of his fingers as he looked at her with the utmost admiration and tenderness.

He felt like he would gather her in between his arms and keep her there, close to his body until the end of all worlds if he could, never letting her go again.

"Have you ever considered the possibility of her being your destined one?" The princess' question disrupted his thoughts, his gaze remaining trained on the girl though as he simply answered,

"Not possible,"

"Why? Because she is Earth-born?" The illyrian countered back with a scoff.

"That may be a plausible factor but no, it's rather because I don't believe I was blessed to have one. I am a BloodHound. I was trained to obey commands. To complete missions. To kill,"

"I was not designed to claim and be claimed, or perform laxian mating rituals. I cannot be a provider, because I am a hunter. A killer," He looked at Madeleine as he said those words, feeling the odd sensation of an empty void inside of him as he dared think about a different course of life with her; one that he could never have.

Family.

He thought about that human word, imagining himself in the posture of provider and protector, for Madeleine and the new and small life they could create together.

Not possible.

He reminded himself, giving Madeleine one last look before averting his attention back to the princess, sensing those negative emotions brewing within her as she regarded him with what could only be described as that human emotion called sadness.

"Our Alpha truly is an ass-hole, just like she said. I don't fully understand what that human term means but it does sound very terrible," Meoni commented with a tilt of her head as she reminisced Madeleine's words.

"It is," Emerick replied with a mild chuckle, his head turning to throw Madeleine another fleeting glance before directing his attention back on the princess, his demeanor becoming more serious as he told her,

"Listen, I assume you do not wish to return to Laxian, and that may be why you have chosen to travel with us,"

"But I am warning you again; Earth is very different from Laxian. You will have to adapt and play by their rules if you want to survive and thrive there. You may be fooled into thinking that because they are much more feeble beings it might be easy but it isn't,"

"They are currently living into a very harsh and dangerous environment, and that is what makes them very dangerous too. They are vicious beings if provoked," He averted her, the princess' gaze shifting to peer at the delicate being currently resting unconscious over the bed with a look of wonder, feeling rather inclined to disbelieve him.

"They are also very different as individuals," He added as he immediately caught her line of thought, gaining back her attention.

"And she is one of the few exceptions," He expressed the ghost of a smile, his gaze becoming a little less focused as he reminisced certain moments with her.

"What is it like there? Tell me more," Meoni pressed him with a hint of interest, eager to receive some more intel about the new and completely unknown planet they would soon land on.

"A complete and senseless chaos," He answered with honesty, receiving a lost look from the princess.

"But it's beautiful nonetheless," He casually added before straightening himself back up as he had been leaning against the bed's edge, leaving the princess to her own confused self as he went back inside the bathroom to wash, dry and dress back into his cargo pants.