40.

Madeleine's own breaths sounded so painfully loud into the silent and pristine white room as she caught her own reflection into the large mirror for a moment, that piece of her dress she had previously torn to use as a rag now long forgotten into the sink.

Dark red, seemingly almost black splotches of the Alpha's blood still covered the lower half of her face and her chest, having long since dried out. Her hair didn't look any better either, sprawled out into a tangled and partially dirtied mess, some of her wild curls stuck together by that same disgusting substance that stained her dress as well, generally creating a truly frightening image of herself.

Flashes of what Elias had done to her kept appearing at the forefront of her mind, making her feel so tortured and miserable.

"Shit," Her limbs trembled, lowering her gaze back to the sink as she could feel the sting of those small tears filling up the corners of her eyes.

No. Not today, bitch.

She denied herself that need of bawling her eyes out, drawing in a forceful breath through her nose as she also reminded herself that they were already so far away from Laxian and that monster's annoying ass.
He couldn't reach them there. Couldn't hurt them anymore.

They were safe. For now.

She slowly exhaled a calming breath through her lips, focusing on rinsing that piece of fabric with a little bit of water before exiting the bathroom. And with a determined stride she walked back to Emerick's side, proceeding to clean up his face from all those ugly dark red blotches that marred his beautiful skin.

She patiently traced that rag all over his forehead, cheeks and nose, careful not to rub it too harshly against his skin and accidentally create him any sort of discomfort as he peacefully rested.

She made several trips back and forth between the bathroom and the bed as that rag kept getting so dirty from all that blood, the girl moving even further as his neck, arms and torso were also stained with that horrendous liquid. And since they didn't even know how much time he actually needed to rest until completion, she decided that it was better if she made him as comfortable as possible, at least until he could wake up and take a proper shower.

Finishing up with his neck and chest as well, she continued with his broad shoulders, thoroughly wiping away his left one first as it was harder to reach due to his position over the bed before moving to the right one, surprised to notice that that small gunshot wound had completely disappeared, replaced by smooth and unblemished skin.

What? How the-

Her dumbstruck gaze rose to locate Meoni casually sitting in one of those cushioned chairs, uncertainly staring at her as the princess held her pensive gaze trained on the large glass window, completely ignorant of what Madeleine was doing.

The girl hesitated for a few moments, debating whether to bother her and ask about it or not before lastly deciding that she could just directly ask Emerick once he'd woken up.

So she continued to clean him up between her running to the bathroom and back, only stopping once she'd reached that lower part of his abdominal muscles.
Her cheeks warmed up a little bit as she traced that rag beneath his bellybutton, that image of exactly what rested below that belt popping at the forefront of her mind as she remembered the day she'd accidentally seen him naked in the bathroom.