21.

Heat...

Madeleine could feel that scorching heat seeping into her body, travelling all over and settling into her core, pulsing from within as her breathing increased a little bit, her peaceful slumber rudely bothered.

She mildly stirred, faintly hearing that strong thump drumming into her ear whilst her palm absently traced over a smooth and uneven surface, feeling it shift with a sharp intake of breath.

The BloodHound's life sustaining organ pounded with urgency, his breathing increasing as well as the earthling's delicate palm kept exploring his skin in her semi-conscious state, slowly torturing him with her gentle touches.

His abdominal muscles contracted as her fingers grazed over them, his galaxy eyes curiously peering down at her as he couldn't even understand what was happening and why.
One moment she was peacefully sleeping and the next she suddenly started to mildly squirm in his embrace and touch him like she was doing right now, no warnings beforehand.

Feeling her nose faintly skim right in between his pectorals as she stirred yet again, his body fastly ignited with sexual need, his eyes widening as his traitorous mind trailed right back to those specific memories of her underneath him, the ghost of her erotic sounds ringing over and over again in his ears so vividly, making him question his own grasp of reality.

"Madeleine," He breathlessly called out her name in a valiant attempt to make her aware of her own actions, however careful enough not to startle her into consciousness as he refrained himself from making any sudden movements.

She roused with a deep and vigorous intake of breath as if after a peaceful and replenishing sleep, arms flailing about as she stretched out with the grace of an earthian feline, accidentally rubbing her body against his own thus making it harder for him to reign in his body's response and resulting in his member's angry swelling.

Madeleine's eyelids fluttered as the natural light greeted her, her back pressing against that hot surface as she arched herself and stretched her arms upwards, casually feeling that unmistakable smoothness of warm skin beneath her trailing fingers...Before she abruptly remembered exactly where she was, her body immediately freezing with brutal awareness as she could feel the rest of him around her; his arms barely touching hers, his muscled thighs resting either side of hers and...

Her eyes suddenly widened, blankly staring ahead of her as she could also feel that, hard as a rock as it tightly pressed against her buttcheeks. She hesitated to move, frozen with panic when she heard him breathlessly whisper from behind, his voice almost sounding like he was in pain.

"Can you please move away?"

She could not move fast enough, scrambling away like a scared animal over the bloody red grass.

And once she had put a relatively satisfactory distance between them she turned around and sat down, warily eyeing the BloodHound sitting in the exact same spot and position she'd previously left him, eyes closed and palms resting over the red grass as he took a few deep and vigorous breaths.

"H-how long have I been out for?" She rapidly blurted out, tucking a rebel strand behind her ear.

"Just your regular eight earthian hours. Like I said, the days are longer here," He responded after opening his starry eyes, easily raising himself up to his feet before moving to retrieve the backpack as well. And after a few determined strides he stopped right in front of her, gently offering her his gloved hand.

She hesitantly accepted it, placing her palm in his before he helped her raise up to her feet as well, her eyes meeting his as she rather timidly peered up, surprised to notice the way he was weirdly staring down at her.

"What?" She nervously asked, unnerved by the way he kept gazing so intensely into her eyes, that gloved hand still wrapped around hers.

"Your illyrian genes must be very strong. Maybe too strong for your generation," He commented whilst his gaze shifted to roam over her features in that same scrutinising way of his.

"Is...Is that bad?" She anxiously chewed on her lip, feeling that icy cold fear creeping into her body as soon as she noticed that gloomy expression shadow his otherwise stony features, his galaxy eyes deeply peering right back into hers as he lastly vowed,

"I will keep you safe. I will not let him get to you,"

"Him?" She fastly blurted back, her angst and curiosity certainly piqued by his simple use of that specific pronoun.

"Alpha Arien. The chosen ruler of Laxian. I believe that he is already aware of your existence and our disparition altogether,"

"S-so?"

"You have illyrian DNA and you are a female, hence you are of high importance. I do not know the real motive behind his actions, but I do know that he is truly desperate to re-create the Lyra race. And because of him, many innocent humans have died in those facilities back on Earth. For all I know, he might be also responsible for the outbreak currently happening on your planet. I believe that he somehow must've found out that there were humans roaming the Earth with Lyra blood running through their veins so he created Zion, the virus purposely designed to solely wipe out those who didn't carry the Lyra gene,"

Madeleine's heart plummeted into her stomach at the hearing of his words, suddenly feeling so sick.
She couldn't stop herself from thinking about her parents, and Tate...and all those people currently suffering on Earth...
All because of one selfish and fucked-up alien.

"Madeleine," Emerick's voice drew her attention back to him, the male noticing that negative emotion visible in her reddened eyes and that violent increase in her stress levels as he rushed to reassure her,

"I will protect you. You don't have to be scared. He will never lay a hand on you,"

However, his words seemed to have zero effect as instead of calming down her adrenaline and cortisol levels only increased, her heart pounding so hard within her chest as she suddenly shouted out,

"You don't understand!"

"You just told me that he is the reason why my parents are dead! That this-this alien motherfucker is the reason why my Tate died! The reason why so many people have died and many more still do, all because of a single fucking alien bastard who is too engrossed in his own selfish agenda to even care about the harm he is doing!"

"The harm he's done to my people, and yours as well!" Her voice trembled, those salty droplets gathering at the corners of her eyes as she widely stared at the BloodHound, those feeble hands of hers tightly balled into fists at her sides as if she were ready to land a few blows.

Seeing her once again react so strongly, he fastly realized how much he actually loathed it, something so dark blooming within him at the thought of that filth of an Alpha and the fact that he had indirectly hurt the earthling so much already.

A single pained and muffled sob coming from her quickly drew his undivided attention back to her, watching her struggle to compose herself as she rather angrily wiped away those tears, averting her gaze as if she were ashamed by her own bodily reactions.

"Don't fight your tears. It will stimulate your oxytocin release," He advised, earning himself a tear-filled look before she turned around and walked away, leaving him standing there, entirely confused as he watched her trudge through the velvety red grass.