Chapter 10: I Still Love You

*Brandon*

"Try talking to her. You're the only one I think she's comfortable with," Andy explained, but I just shook my head.

"She loves you, so why can't you go?" I insisted. He just gave me a stare, and headed upstairs.

"Amber, can we-"

"I said give me space! Why can't you just accept that?!" she screamed, and I just stayed quiet. He went back down stairs, and he stared at me.

"Did that answer your question?" he asked, and I took a deep breath. I didn't want her to feel over whelmed, so I was afraid I was going to make her feel that way by bothering her. I took my time going upstairs as I was mentally preparing myself for this. I walk to her door, and instead of knocking, I just went in. I didn't really care anymore, and I just closed the door. Her head snapped at me, and she charged at me. I was expecting a push, but her arms just wrapped around my torso.

"Brandon, I'm sorry," she cried, and I just wrapped my arms around her tightly. I felt so much relief more than I think I was supposed to be feeling. I felt her breath get heavier, and I just didn't know why.

"Amber, there is nothing for you to be sorry for," I say, but she looks up at me. Her eyes just made me melt, but the tears broke my heart.

"I hurt you when I still had feelings for you, and now that I remember what we had, it kills me. It hurts, and I can't think that I almost had a family with you," she sobbed as she walked backwards. I just couldn't do this, but I wanted to plant my lips on her. I couldn't. Brandon! Control yourself, Brandon!

"Amber," I called, and she turns around to flop in her bed.

"And I know you love Tatum. Not me anymore, and I understand," she cried, and I just walk to her. I join her in bed, and I wrap my arms around her waist and bury my face into her neck.

"I may be in a relationship with Tatum, but doesn't mean I still don't care for you, Amber. I love you, and I don't want to see you like this," I explained, and I give her a little kiss on the cheek to sooth her down. "Let's go where we always go when we feel like this," I answered as I flip her over.

"Whataburger?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Whataburger," I assured, and she smiled.

"Can we stay a little here? Like this?" she asked, and I smiled at her.

"When ever you feel ready to go outside," I offered her, and then she started to take deep breaths.

-

I help her off the bed, and I pull her close to me as we walk out of her room. She burries her face into my shirt, and I smile at her. I miss this badly with her. I handed her my jacket, and she wrapped it around her shoulders. I then again followed her downstairs, and she just waited for me at the bottom.

"Amber! Do-"

"Dude, please. She's barely ready to come outside her room, please," I interrupted Mitchell, and he nodded.

"Where are you guys going to go?" Tatum asked, and I looked at Amber. She just looked at me with guilty eyes, and they were tearing me down.

"We're going to a place that once helped me go through tough times," I answered, and it looked like she was leaning in. I hugged her instead since I didn't want Amber to feel more broken down.

"Which is?" Andy asked, and I look back at him.

"Something she remembers," I smirked as we went out the door.

-

"So can I ask?" I ask, and she smiled.

"You already did," she chuckled, and I started laughing.

"Can I ask you something else?" I asked again as I took a chug out of my milkshake.

"You already did," she joked, and I groan.

"Can I ask you about your memory?" I refrased, and her laugh just faded out.

"Um, what do you want to know?" she asked as her smile just disappeared.

"When did you get your memory back?" I asked her.

"I was gradually getting it back, but I just kept it to myself. Each action Andy and I had gave me a bit memory," she explained softly as I saw the look on her face that it wasn't the way she wanted it to happened. "It wasn't good memories either."

"I then started putting the pieces together, but I was missing a piece. It took so long for me to realize that it was the time our family was starting. I got the rest of it that night. I got every detail that night too," she explained, and I pulled her close. I didn't know what to say.

"Amber, what did you remember about us?" I asked, and she looked up at me.

"Everything," she answered. "We still haven't did our exercise for the last time we went to Whataburger," she pointed out, and I smiled. She still remembers. I can't believe she does.

"Are you ready to go home or not yet?" I asked, and she just shook her head.

"I just want them to be like you," she whined, and I smiled.

"How am I?" I asked with a smirk. She looks away and then back to me. She looks at me straight in the eyes.

"You have patience. You're sincere, and kind. You know when to push limits when need to," Amber's breath got heavier, and she started to lean in. How much I really wanted to, but I can't. I back away.

"You're faithful," she muttered, and she just flopped back.

"Amber, this isn't you. You weren't like this," I just reasoned, and she just look at me with an angry stare.

"If you know me, tell me who I am. Tell me who I should be because I don't know which past to go to. I really don't expect you to expect me to be the way I was or the person I used to be," she shouted at me, and she got up and looked at me.

"Amber, I really don't really know what to say. From your past, who do you think you were?" I asked.

"Don't go wise on me! Don't you make me do this all on my own," she cries softly.

"Really? You have been doing this on your own Amber! You're giving up on yourself," I explained, but she was loosing it.

"Whatever! I just want to go home," she cried, and I don't know if she was emotional in the past or she just became that way. I got up to hug her, but she just went outside.

-

We made it, so I parked in the drive way. She took off her seatbelt, and she was about to leave. I quickly grab her wrist to stop her, and she looked at me with a glance.

"Amber, whatever I did to upset you, I'm sorry. I really am. If you ever need somebody to listen or comfort, I'll be there. Just call me," I say, and she nodded without looking at me.

"Will do. Thanks," she muttered, and I just sighed.

"Can you call Tatum to come?" I asked, and she nodded. This time she actually left. She went inside, and I started banging my steering wheel in frustration. I can't believe I made her feel like that. It hurt me, but I wasn't really pushing any buttons. Does that make me a bad or a good person?