Chapter 9: Didn't Want To Remember

*Andy*

I woke up to hear her sobbing, in so much pain. I turn around to see her holding her head on her hands, whimpering and crying.
"Amber," I called softly, but she stood up to stomp out the room. I heard her going downstairs so I followed. Her keys jingle, and then the door was aggressively pull open and slammed.
"Amber?" I heard Mitchell call, and he looked up to see me. "What happened?" Mitchell asked, and I shrugged. I went downstairs to get a cup of coffee, but he stopped me. "Explain to me what happened," he growled.
"Mitchell, honestly, I don't know. I woke up to hear her crying, and when I said her name, she ran off," I told him quietly since I didn't want to wake up the others. I grabbed my coffee, and I saw a torn picture near the coffee machine. It was facing downward, so I checked to put the pieces together.
"Mitchell," I call, and he walks over to look over my shoulder. I started putting the pieces together, and I saw when Brandon and Amber were expecting their baby. It was the one Brandon had on his phone, and I guess he's the one who printed it out.
"Yeah? What about the picture?" Mitchell asked, and I looked around to see if anyone around.
"This was a picture from Brandon's phone, and I guess he printed it out," I explained, and Mitchell was still confused.
"Okay? Then?" Mitchell asked, and I pressed my lips together.
"Brandon wouldn't and couldn't do this to his pictures," I added, and he looked like he understood.
"Do you think that's why she started crying?" Mitchell asked. "Because a torn piece of paper?" he asked again. I shook my head.
"She's probably crying because she remembers," I answered, and his eyes went big. He covered his mouth.
"So she remembers?!" he exclaimed, and I shrugged. He grabbed his phone from the pocket in his basketball shorts, and he was calling someone.
"Amber, what's going on?" Mitchell asked, and he put it in speaker. My heart started racing.
"I remember," I heard her whimper. "I remember the crash, when I committed suicide, the fight me and Andy had. I remember everything, every single detail...my baby is gone," she started loosing it, and it breaks me when I hear like this.
"Amber, let us help-"
"No. I really need to be on my own right now," she answered, and Mitchell let out a sigh.
"Okay. Get home safely," Mitchell reminded softly, then she just hung up.

*Amber*

I don't know what to feel anymore. I don't think I'm feeling something at all. I think I'm numb, but I'm not sure. I needed something to feel alive. I needed something to feel like I wasn't heartless. I can choose, but then it would lead to the trail of my thoughts. My thoughts aren't that pretty, especially alone. I plug in the AUX cord into my phone, and I blast up the music in the car. I'll drive to the store, and stay there for some couple minutes to get some things out of my head. I needed something to drink, so I go to a gas station.

I park near the door since it wasn't that packed. I get down and go inside the store to see girls looking at me. They were fan girling when they saw me.
"You're Amber. Andy's girlfriend?" they ask, and I nodded. One was grumpy, another was smiling, and the other one looked like she was intoxicated with sugar.
"Can we take a selfie?" she asked, and I nodded with a weak smile.
"Yeah. Sure," I answered, and she started squealing. She brought out her phone, and she started taking so many selfies. I swear, if I had a dollar for every selfie, I wouldn't need to be merch girl, nor Andy would've needed a career.
"Thank you," she squealed again as she left the store. The grumpy one came right up in my face.
"You're a lying piece of shit," she growled, and she walked.
"Excuse me?" I called, and she glared me as she left. She didn't bother coming back. I just decided to forget about it, and get my Puff corn bag and Slurpee. I mixed all the flavors because I do that all the time I get Slur-pees. I went to the cash register, and I put my stuff down on the counter. This lady just raised an eyebrow as she scanned the items.
"On your period?" she asked, and I shook my head as I handed her my $5 bill. "Then get on a diet." He handed me my change as she gave me a plain stare.
"So you tell someone who went through a car crash, lost a year of their memory, and just get it back completely at a random time to get on a diet? How rude," I growled as I grabbed my items and left. She gasped right after I explained.
"You're the girl that was pregnant in the car crash down the hill? Damn, that must be hard loosing a baby," she muttered as I felt so much disgust of her. I went inside the car as I just open the bag of Puff corn and take a handful in my mouth. I started the engine, and decided to go back home. I need something to get things off my mind.
"Netflix," I mumbled, "I need it."

-

I parked near the driveway since the driveway was packed with so many cars. I just take a breath as I know they're going to ask questions about this. The memory crap, the details, and the emotions I feel. I take a sip of my Slurpee, and I get out of the car with the bag and the Slurpee. I open the door to see everybody there, and I just stood there in shock. 
"Amber," Andy called, and I shook my head. 
"Amber, we just need to know what you remember," Bailey asked, and I just didn't answer. I just walked in, and put the chips on the table and went to my room. I wasn't ready to answer. I just didn't like this overwhelmed feeling.