Chapter 3: Mysteries

*Amber*

"Hayden!" I screamed, and Marcus came outside to see. Hayden came out the door, and he looked for me. I made it easier for him to run to him, and I wrapped my arms around him.
"Amber, are you alright?" Hayden asked, and I shook my head.
"I-I saw h-him. T-That's him," I stuttered with complete fear. He grabbed my face and looked at me completely worried.
"Amber, that's who?" he asked a little more clearly, and I just shook my head as I looked back at Thomas.
"Thomas," I answered, and he looked at him with squinted eyes.
"Marcus! What the hell?!" Hayden pulled me close, so I buried my face into his shirt. I sobbed, and I couldn't stop thinking about the dream. The blood everywhere, the knife, his face. The eyes of a monster and the hands of a murder. I couldn't take it. My knees started to shake, and eventually gave up. Hayden grabbed me before my knees touched the ground.
"Amber, come'n. Let's go inside," he said bringing me up. He grabbed my waist tightly, and he took inside, to the couch.
"Na-ah-ah. You, stay outside," Hayden demanded, and he went to grab the Klenex box. Marcus leaned on the doorway upset, and he just looked at me.
"I'm calling, Andy-"
"No! He'll hurt him," I interrupted, and he just took a deep breath.
"Fine. I'll deal with him myself," Hayden growled, and I just looked away, getting a tissue.
"Amber, what's going on?" Bailey asked, and I pointed outside. She looked at me confused but headed to their direction anyway.
"Hayden?" she called, and her face with to shock. I then heard some grunts. "Hayden! Stop!" she screamed, so I rushed over there.
"Bailey! Leave him alone!" I called, and she looked at me pissed.
"Are you letting this happen?!" Bailey screamed at me.
"I couldn't let Andy do this. He'd make it worse," I answered, and she just shook her head. I saw her heading the direction, and I looked down. I went to Mitchel's room, and I sat down next to him.
"Please, don't sit on me," he begged, and I shook my head with a slight smirk.
"For now, I know your greatest weakness against you," I smiled, and he looked confused.
"What do you want?" he asked, and I took a deep breath.
"I want to know if you know that Thomas is here," I wondered, and he looked away. I always took that as a yes, and he looked back at me with innocent eyes.
"I had to. They would've killed me," he answered, and I just shook my head.
"Having you here is better than you being gone, so get rest," I pulled up the blanket as I kissed his fore head. I left the lamp on and turned off the light, and went outside.
"Ask Amber if I have permission!" Hayden shouted, and I just look at Andy and Brandon there.
"Amber, did you let Hayden do this? To an innocent person?!" he asked me, and I nodded.
"Yes, yes I did. Now Hayden, can you take care of my brother while Bailey cleans him up?" I asked, and Bailey and Hayden look at each other. "I need to explain to Andy and Brandon. I also just need to get some stuff at the store. Bailey, please," I begged, and she nodded. Hayden helped him up, and Bailey led him inside the house.
"Why can't we talk about it here?" Andy asked.
"Because I don't think you're able to control yourself here," I answered. I made sure my phone was behind my back pocket.
"What do you mean?" Andy asked, and I just looked away.
"I need to buy some bandages and some rubbing alcohol," I answered heading outside to the parking lot.
"Just tell me," he begged.
"I'll tell you when we get to the store," I answered.

-

We were walking into the store.
"Now, tell us," Brandon demanded, and I took a deep breath.
"That was Thomas," I explained. "I had a little dream where Thomas killed Mitchel then me. After that, I had this familiar filling of fear," I continued while I grabbed a cart.
"Why didn't you tell me?!" Andy shouted.
"Because you get pissed. Brandon tells me that you loose control when you're mad," I answered, and he glared at Brandon.
"We need to buy some pizzas if we're going to stay at Mitchel's," he answered, and I raised an eyebrow.
"We?" I asked, and Andy and Brandon nodded.
"We're not leaving you with Thomas," Andy insisted, and I rolled my eyes.
"Why not?"
"Because it's Thomas! Amber, I can't stand the thought of leaving you there," Brandon continued. I looked around, and saw this lady worker there, staring at me. I looked away, and I looked back at the guys.
"Fine. Just don't hurt him," I begged, but I didn't get a response.
"What do you need again?" Brandon asked.
"Just get whatever you guys need. All I need is rubbing alcohol and some bandages," I answered, and they nodded taking the cart. The lady came up to me, and scanned me.
"Excuse me, but do you have a brother?" the lady asked, and I nodded.
"Yes. Do you know him?" I asked, and she just covered her mouth with a gasp.
"I knew your mother. Delayna, is that correct?" she asked, and I heard the name Delayna in the stories of my parents.
"I don't remember. I never met my parents," I answered, and she nodded. "May I ask, how do you know my mother?" I asked.
"I'm your step-mother," she answered, and I was shocked.
"Step-mother?" I repeat, and she nodded.
"Your father, Matt, he's been looking for you," she answered.
"He's still alive?" I asked, and she nodded as her soft thumb slid on my cheek.
"Amber," Andy called, and I looked behind me. "Are you okay?" he asked, and I nodded. I looked back at the lady.
"Do you know where I can find him?" I asked, and she nodded. She pulled out some paper and a pen to write some stuff down. She handed it to me, and a tear slowly fell down her face.
"You'll finally bring him joy," I answered, and I nodded.
"Thank you," I said returning back to him, and his hand went behind my back.
"Who was that?" he asked, and I smiled.
"That was my step-mother," I answered, and he glanced back then back at me.
"What did she say?" he asked, and I looked down to see the note. It had an address and a number.
"My father is still alive," I answered as some tears started to group up at my waterline. Some started sliding down my face, and Andy wiped them off.
"We could visit him if you wanted to," he offered, but I shook my head.
"I'm not visiting him without Mitchel," I insisted, and he nodded.
"Okay then. Brandon is over here," he leaded, and Brandon was in the whiskey isle, which is clearly reasonable. He loves his whiskey.
"Brandon, guess what?" I ran to him, and he smiled at me.
"What?" he asked, and I showed him the paper. "You got a date?" he answered unsurely, and I giggled a bit.
"No! I got my father's address!" I squealed, and now he looked surprised.
"Congrats...hold let me see this again." I handed him the paper, and his eyes weren't happy.
"What's wrong?" I asked, and no answered.
"Brandon, tell us what's going on," Andy demanded, and Brandon handed me the paper back.
"That's Tatum's address," he explained, and I froze.
"What?!" Andy exclaimed, and Brandon sighed and looked away.
"That's not the shocking part," Brandon continued. I looked down at the paper then both of them. "She lives with her parents," he added, and I felt so horrible. I couldn't bare the thought of Tatum being my sister. Not even, she's my step-sister.
"Then my mom is the only one dead. If she was my step-mother, that means her dad is also mine," I said my thoughts out loud.
"Then you and Mitchel share the same mother," Andy continued.
"So Alana's parents didn't kill your parents. Someone else killed your mother," Brandon added, and I shook my head.
"What if she wasn't murdered?" I asked, and we were standing there. I felt like it was harder to breathe, and my thoughts started racing. Tears started falling down my face.
"Amber," Brandon called, and he wiped the tears of my cheeks. "We're going to find out what happened," he pulled me into a hug.