Chapter 15: Trusting You With Her Heart

*Amber*

I'm gazing at the ceiling, and I think of the memories I could've change. The choices I could've change, but I get snapped out of my thoughts and memories when the lamp is turned on. The light softly blinds me, and I see Brandon get up to sit. He is running his fingers through his hair and cupping his face. I knew something wrong, so I decided to ask.

"Brandon, are you okay?" I ask as I sit myself up, and I go to him.

"Yeah. I just need some aspirin," he replies as he flinches away, and I watch him walk out the room. I just glance at the clock.

4:23 AM.

I decided to go to get some water downstairs, but then I hear some shouting. I sped up my pace, and I went downstairs. I see Tatum standing there with Andy, and Brandon is just glaring at them.

"Oh my god. What is going on?" I ask, and I see Andy and Tatum holding hands. Intertwined.

"Brandon, if we let them be, they let us be. Please," I calmly reminded, and he gave me a soft glance. He looked at Tatum with anger as if he was going to explode. I grab his hand the same way they were.

"Amber, the thing is...I'm not mad of them being together. I'm mad because you can't just leave someone's life making them feel so guilty and horrible," Brandon explains to me as he pulls his hand away, but he was trying to explain it to Tatum in a way. He looks hurt, and then he looks back at Tatum. "Tatum, if you wanted to be with Andy, why couldn't you just tell me?" Brandon blurted to Tatum, and Tatum just looked at him.

"I didn't want to hurt you, so I tried to make up a reason to make it easier. I'm sorry," Tatum cried out as she also pulled her hand away, and I look at Andy. He meets my stare, and he looks away.

"Do you know how many nights past by that I couldn't sleep because you were on my mind?" Brandon was in pain, but then so was I. He still cared about her in the way Andy cared about me. I gulped down my tears, and I kept my chin up high. I take a glance at Andy, and he had his lips pressed together. I wanted to make the same expression, but I fought my temptation. The room was just silent, and I look up to Brandon. He had tears in his eyes, and some were rolling down his cheek. I wanted to help him, but he didn't want me. I knew he wanted Tatum back, and the only reason he went back with me was because he had a hole. I was the temporary solution.

"I need some air," I say, almost choking on a sob. I walk outside to the fresh air, and I made sure the door was closed. I just didn't want them to hear the sobs I had to let go. I sat on the bench they had outside, and I just look at the sky. I left the tears run down at my face, and I just kept my sobs quiet. I pull my knees close, and I pull them together. I hug them as tight as I could, and I felt my heart beat. I just sat there, and honestly, I really did expect someone coming through that door just to comfort me.

*Andy*

"I'm going to go get some McDonald's. I'll be right back," I tell Bailey as she's playing with Abaigael. I go through the door, and I see Amber still there. I look at her closely to find out, she was sleeping. I go to her, and I start grabbing her in a bridal style way and carried her inside.
"Andy, why was Amber sleeping outside?" Bailey asked, and I shook my head.
"She said she needed some air, and I guess she never came back in," I answered, and I noticed her eyes were swollen. She more likely cried herself to sleep, and she was cold. "Bailey, get her a blanket, and a cup of hot water. She's freezing," I say, and she nodded. He quickened her pace, and I laid her down on the couch. I see Brandon walking down in sadness, but I was really upset at him. 
"Whoa, what happened to Amber?" Brandon asked, and I just look at him.
"Remember when she said she went to get some air?" I reminded, and he nodded. "She never went back inside, Brandon. She cried herself to sleep, and you were just worried about Tatum," I mumbled, and no response came from him. I really expected him to say something, but I knew there was nothing left but an apology for Amber. The only thing I should hear is an apologies. Bailey came down with a blanket, and she just glanced at both of us. She just pressed her lips, and hurried to get some warm water.
"I shouldn't have left her with you," I muttered as I rushed upstairs to get some rags from my room.
"What do you want me to say, Andy?" Brandon snapped, and I looked at him.
"I let her go for her to be happy with you Brandon, yet you are still crying for Tatum. You had one fucking job, Brandon! One fucking job, yet you still screwed up Brandon. Even when you fucking loved her," I shouted at him with pain, and he just looked up with anger.
"Then it's your fault!" Brandon continued, and I rolled my eyes.
"So it's my fault that I thought I can trust my one of my best friends with the woman I still love? I'm sorry for having trust in you, Brandon. Now I know that it will never happen again," I say as I continued what I wanted to do.