Chapter 6: There Will Be No Christmas

*Andy*

I had this box with a soft texturized fabric in the color black. It was wrapped in a bright red ribbon. This was my present for Amber,  and I knew she was going to love it. 
"Andy! Come down here!" I heard Brandon call. 
"Going," I replied, and I shoved the box into my back pocket. I headed down stairs, and the girls looked very pretty. Amber caught my attention the most, but she was just beautiful. More that ever. She was talking to Mitchel, and I just the faded color on her dress look pretty. The dress just made me wish she was mine already.
"Hey man, are you okay?" Hayden asked, and he snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Oh, yeah," I answered, looking back at Amber. I heard her giggled, and then it turned into her adorable laugh.
"Ooh, someone is in love," he sang, and I softly punched him in the arm.
"It's not like you haven't been in love, Hayden," I replied with a chuckle, and I just put my hand in my pocket.
"I wouldn't blame you though. She really does look very pretty. I have to say, taking away her memory is a good thing," he smirked, and I sighed.
"You're right. She's a lot happier," I confessed, and I saw her look back at me. She smiled, and continued the conversation with Bailey and Mitchel.
"The sad part is that she doesn't feel for you," he added, and I snapped my head at him.
"Wait, what? What do you mean she doesn't have any feelings for me? How would you know?" I asked, and he took a sip of the glass of champayne he was holding.
"She was telling me that she liked someone she never thought she liked 'like ever'," he micked with the girly sassy voice.
"Who does she like?" I asked, and he pointed at me. His finger poked my chest.
"The person that you changed into. She wouldn't just easily fall for you if she knew the past," he explained, and I looked away. 
"Thanks," I answered sarcasticly.
"Dude, she would've been trying to have another baby with Brandon if she knew the past. She would continued," he added, and I took a deep breath. My fists were clenching.
"Are you doing this on purpose?" I asked.
"Andy, I'm doing this because you need to back off. You're taking advantage of her loosing her memory," Hayden growled.
"If the person you loved lost their memory, wouldn't you take advantage! I mean, even when they fall for you!" I shouted, and Hayden looked at me disappointed. I noticed that the room was quiet, so I looked for Amber. She had her lips pressed, and nodded at what I said. She handed the cup to Bailey. "Amber," I called, but she already slammed the door. I went after her, and I saw her standing there with the snow on the cement. I took of my jacket to put on her, but she flinched away.
"Go away," she growled, and I heard the pain in her voice. The whimper.
"Amber, I didn't mean it like that," I insisted, and she just took a step foward and turned.
"Then how did you mean it?" she asked, and I couldn't dare to answer.
"Amber, I've been suffering seeing you with someone else happy that is not me. I wanted us to start over," I explained, and she had her arms crossed. Her teeth were chattering, and I couldn't bare seeing her shiver. I removed my coat, and I laid it over her shoulders. I took out the box from my pocket, and I handed it to her.
"What's this?" she asked, and she was confused.
"It's your christmas present. Amber, you don't have to be with me after this. Just know that I love you," I said lastly. I walked up to her, and I kissed her cheek. I went back inside, and went upstairs to my room.

*Amber*

I looked at the box, and I had the temptation to open it.
"Not yet," I heard Brandon chuckle behind me. I turned to see him, and he was holding hands with Tatum.
"Hey," I giggled, and he looked at Tatum.
"Why are you outside?" Tatum asked, and I just shrugged.
"I just feel like being alone," I shrugged as I still had Andy's jacket. I took it off, and I folded it to hold it on my arm.
"Tatum, can you give us a sec?" Brandon asked, and she nodded. She didn't look like if she trusted Brandon.
"I'll be inside," she said lastly before going inside. After the door closed, Brandon took the jacket from my arm, and he smiled at me.
"Now, tell me what's wrong," he demanded, and the jacket was wrapped around my shoulders.
"Andy was taking advantage of my tradegy," I mumbled as I let my head hang low, and the warmth of his fingers brought it back up.
"But do you love him?" Brandon asked.
"Yes."
"Then there is nothing to worry about," he explained, and I sighed. I let my hands hang lazy down my dress.
"Yes, Brandon! There is!" I shouted, and he glanced away for a sec with a pinch of annoyance.
"What's there to worry about?" he asked, and I looked down.
"Taking advantage, Brandon! Is it really necessary?" I ask.
"What's wrong about it though? He looks happier than ever," he added.
"Brandon, he took advantage of my feelings. The reason I broke up with you is to see if I really had feelings for you," I explained. His expression soften as he was confused.
"How were you going to determine that?" he asked with anger in his voice.
"If I wanted you back! I see it's too late now. Clearly, I was an advantage for Andy, and I made a mistake, Brandon," I explained softly, and his face was complete shock.
"So my attempts of moving on, that I accomplished, were for nothing?!" he shouted at me, and I hate it when people yell at me with I feel so much anger against myself too. "Are you serious?!" he shouted at me, and I looked down at my box.
"Stay with Tatum. She deserves you more," I whimpered, and I was trying so hard to hold back my tears. I felt him pull my wrist. I rebounded, and his arms wrapped around me. I hugged him back, and I couldn't keep my tears back no more. I let go, and I rushed inside trying to hold back many tears possible.
"Amber, are you alright?
"Are you crying?"
"Amber."
"I'm fine. I just need to go to the bathroom," I shouted for everyone to hear. I rushed up to the closest bathroom, and locked it. I was search in the cabinets, and under the sink. "Where else would I hide them?" I asked myself. The door opened, and it was Bailey.
"What's wrong, girl?" Bailey asked, and I shook my head. I took her into my room, and closed the door. I just used the door for support.
"I want him back," I whimpered, and she looked shocked.
"Ask him back," she suggested, but I look her with tears running down my face. "No. You're not going to cry without a shoulder. C'mere," she said pulling me into a hug.
"I can't get him back. He's with Tatum," I explained, and she pulled me off to wiped the tears off my face.
"What about Andy?" she asked, and I looked down at the box I still had in my hand.
"I wouldn't want a man who takes advantages of my tragedies," I muttered, and she gave me this sarcastic look.
"Amber, he's finding a good use for your memory loss. He wants you to forget the day you tried to end the life you are living today, this minute. I would've tooken advantage too," she answered, softly. I looked at the box, and I nodded. She was right. I heard that he's been trying to get me for so long, and I'm just pushing him away.
"You're right. I can't loose the only thing that loves me back," I replied, and she smiled at me.
"I'm glad I helped you. You're going to be okay?" she asked.
"Thanks to you," I answered, and I hugged her one last time.
"Before you leave, I'm going to fix your make up,'' she giggled, and I laughed. "Sit," she
at the bed, and I did what she demanded.

After the makeup, we went downstairs. I saw Brandon and Andy talking, and Andy saw me. He stopped to wave at me, and finally, Brandon looked back to see me. I walked to them, and they stayed quiet.
"Andy, I'm sorry for the way I acted," I apologized, and Andy just chuckled.
"I would be mad too," he reasoned, and I looked at Brandon.
"Brandon-"
"Na-a-ah, I'm the one who needs to apologize. If I could've tried to move on without force, maybe that would've gone better. I'm sorry, and I hope that doesn't ruin our friendship," I assured, and I shook my head.
"It's not going to ruin our friendship," I giggled, and he smiled at me.
"Now that Amber's back, we're going to play games," Brent annouced, and everyone looked back at me with a smile. Andy grabbed my hand interwined, and I looked at Brandon going to Tatum. She kissed him in the cheek as they wrapped an arm around each other. I'm actually glad that he's happy. It's not with me, but at least, he's happy.