16

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Was It All In My Head? by Olivia O'Brien ─────────────⚪️──────────────────◄◄▐▐ ►►⠀⠀ 1:00 / 2:50

"when i call you don't pick up, was it all in my head? shouldn't trust my gut..."

•••

March 24

Harry doesn't call the next day. Or the next. Or the next. I try to fill my time by listening to podcasts, painting, walking Frank, and spending enormous amounts of time with Chelsea and Elle, yet every effort I make is unsuccessful, and I always end up back on my bed, clicking my phone on and off hoping a message from him will pop up or checking his Instagram seeing if he had posted. I am on day 5 of Harry-induced depression when Chelsea barges into my room with her fiance trailing behind her. I pull my blanket over my head, in fear of what she would say.

"You've been doing this for long enough Emerson, get your ass off that bed and into the shower. We're going out to dinner." Chelsea announces, yanking the blanket off of me, and pulling one of my hands to get me to stand up.

"What if I don't want to?" I cross my arms and frown at them.

"Jesus Christ Emerson, the man isn't dead, he's just busy. You've seen him every day for almost two months, just allow him to have space without getting all weird."

"I'm just worried I did something or something happened. He told me he would call, and he never did. It's strange" I shrug my shoulders trying to defend my mood to my friends.

"Try to look at it differently," Elle suggests, "Plus this really shows how attached to him you are, so it's good you have some space. We don't do co-dependency in this household."

"Say it louder, Ellie!" Chelsea gives her girlfriend a high five and I frown.

"I'm not co-dependent!" I defend, crossing my arms again, and blowing up the hair that was falling in my face.

"Just get in the shower, Emerson," Chelsea instructs.

I stomp to the bathroom like a child and shut the door loudly, before starting the water with a huff. Stupid annoying meddling Chelsea with her stupid annoying girlfriend never allowing me to wallow in my own self-pity. Stupid caring Chelsea who knows how to handle me, and stupid wise Elle who gives me better advice than anyone I know. They are a magical lesbian dream team, and between them and my therapist, I will forever remain out of unhealthy habits. I walk out of the bathroom to an empty bedroom, and a full outfit laying on my bed, complete with underwear, shoes, and jewelry. Before jumping into the clothes my friends so lovingly laid out for me I put on lotion and spritz myself with a bit of perfume.

Chelsea and Elle are laid up on each other on the couch when I waltz into the living room, impeccably dressed and made up. I feel pretty and given by the applause that they break into when I walk in, I an confident it is not just a feeling.

"Showstopping!" Elle says, and I do a curtsy, and they continue to clap.

"She's an icon! A legend! And she is the moment!" Chelsea giggles, and I jump on top of them, laughing with them.

"Thank you for making me get up, I feel better already,"

"We got a reservation at Nobu, so you had better be happy."

"NOBU!" I screech, pulling my two favorite people to my chest, "I love you guys. Have I ever told you I love you?"

"You have, but we will take all the praise we can get," Chelsea smacks a wet kiss to my cheek and I wipe it off before standing up.