25

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Kiwi by Harry Styles ───────────────⚪───────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 2:00/ 4:33

"It's New York baby always jacked up, Holland Tunnel for a nose it's always backed up..."

•••

Blurry. Everything from the carpet, to the interviews to the dinner all blurred together in a montage of questions, faces, names, and compliments that I can not quite keep straight in my head. I know, though, that I am handling it well. From Jeff's subtle nods, to the reaction of the press and the people I interact with I know how overwhelmed I am isn't showing on my face. Alessandro keeps a steady hand on me throughout the night, which I'm thankful for.

There isn't a quiet moment for me. Every second of the gala, I am being spoken to by someone, the majority of which I don't know personally. I can barely eat without someone approaching me and congratulating me on being a co-chair. Alessandro looks on amused as I'm bombarded.

When Alessandro gets whisked away after dinner, and I am alone, I amble through the gallery's slowly drinking in every piece I see with a whiskey in hand.

The exhibit is exquisite. I find myself enraptured by the different patterns, the contrasting colors between the lights and the objects inside. I linger far too long in the gallery, alone, wandering back and forth between each piece of work in awe of the fact that I get to be here surrounded by such greatness. I get stuck staring at a rainbow cape with my head cocked looking at all aspects of the fabric. Suddenly, two hands are on my shoulders, and it takes everything in me not to audibly scream.

"We leave in 5," Jeff says in my ear, startling me out of my daze, "We have to meet Emerson and got to your next party," My heart rate is flying, and I'm sure I cleared two feet with how high I jumped.

"Jesus, Jeffery, scared the hell out of me," I murmur, placing a hand over my heart,"'M gonna find Kendall, tell her I'm leaving and we'll go. Her team is up to speed on everything?" Jeff rolls his eyes as if to say "of course they are, you absolute blockhead."

"Yeah, you will arrive together, with Emerson at the Fleur Room in 2 hours," He says, and pulls his phone out, "Now go, we're on a schedule," He shoos me away with his hands, and immediately answers a call.

It takes me mere seconds to spot Kendall in her sparkly orange get up. She grins when I approach her. I give her an easy grin and wave.

"H! Are you leaving soon?" She beams, as I walk up to her group.

"Bout to, gotta meet up with Em and change,"I tell her, scratching my shoulder softly.

"I'm so glad she could come, excited to see what she's gonna wear," She says, and I catch a hint of something in her tone that I don't like. I give her a knowing look and she smiles softly, "Genuinely, H. Don't give me that look,"

"I know you Kendall," I say and raise my finger and wag it a bit.

"I don't want her to hurt you like Camille did, you can't blame me for being wary," She breaks, and my expression softens a bit.

"Kenny, she's not gonna hurt me," As I say this I see Jeffery pointing at his watch and waving me over, so I give her a quick hug, "I have to go or Jeff is gonna cut my head off, see you in a bit,"

I wave to her and run towards Jeff who leads me down a hallway into a room where Alessandro and the rest of my team waits, and change me into my after party get up. The collared shirt I wear is much more comfortable than the lace top and the red bow tie is just out there enough to suit my fancy.Blurry becomes the theme again when I'm rushed out a back door into a van, where I'm met with my pretty girl standing inside waiting. I feel my jaw physically drop when I see her.