22

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Woman by Mumford and Sons ───────────────⚪─────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 2:00/ 4:33

"watch her take me by surprise when she lets me call her mine..."

•••

Bright. Too bright. I squint my eyes and pull the pillow from behind my head to cover my eyes. It has to be 3 in the morning, I don't understand why in the world the lights are on.

"Emmy girl, wake up," Harry sings in my ear. Ah, the cause of my rude awakening.

"Whyyyy?" I groan, and Harry chuckles and I feel him tugging at the pillow over my face, "It's the middle of the night,"

"It's 6:30, honeybee," He says, voice gravelly from sleep. I loosen my grip on the pillow.

"Might as well be 4 am," I frown, voice muffled by the pillow.

"I have big plans for today, but I need you to be awake to fulfill them," Harry successfully pulls my pillow away and I scrunch up my face and turn over as light from the lamp hits my face. From what I can see the sun is barely even up.

"Do the plans involve food?" I peak one eye open, and see Harry looking at me with an amused look on his face.

"They do," He runs his hand up and down my arm, and tries to pull me up.

"Fine, I'll get up, but I need coffee," I still refuse to fully open my heavy eyes, and accept that he is forcing me to get up at this ungodly hour.

"Ahead of you on that one, E, open your eyes," His voice is soft, and at those words my eyes shoot open and hands reach for my coffee. I pause when my eyes meet his.

Harry is in front of me on the edge of the bed, all doe eyes, flushed cheeks, and messy curls. His lips are a little swollen from sleep, and I watch as he scratches his shirtless chest. It's familiar. Harry in the morning became part of my routine. In our time apart I craved drinking coffee with him, dancing to whatever oldies music he had playing, and watching him smile softly every time he looked at me. Seeing him here, after being completely wrapped up in him last night brings a calm to the wild mind that I had had for the past two weeks.

After I fully and shamelessly check him out, I remember my coffee. It looks absolutely perfect in his hand, so I snatch it from him quickly, almost launching the deep caramel colored liquid onto his white bedspread.

"Careful, darling. No spilling on my bed," He rushes out. I look at him over the glass, and he grins, pinching my cheek quickly, then stands up.

"I brought some clothes over from your house for this morning. Drink that coffee up quickly we'll need to leave soon to beat the bad traffic," It's all very abrupt, and too much for my mind to process before I've finished my coffee. What is it with Harry and early morning surprises. Is this what my life looks like now?

"Where are we going?" I murmur, between sips of the heavenly liquid Harry prepared for me.

"Breakfast and then the gym," I blink at his words, and he just stands waiting for me to respond.

"The gym?!" He nods, and my jaw drops which causes him to chuckle, "Is this real life? Are you actually making me do this today?" I pinch my arm to make sure this isn't a nightmare.

"Baby, you know I like my routine. Workout clothes are on the bench, I'll meet you downstairs," He blows me a kiss and leaves me alone.

"It's 6:30 am, Harry!" I call after him.