18

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac ─────────────⚪️──────────────────◄◄▐▐ ►►⠀⠀ 1:00 / 2:50

"you know that i'm falling and i don't know what to say..."

•••

In every romance novel I've ever read, the morning after the two main characters sleep in the same bed for the first time, they wake up deliciously hot wrapped up in each other with the sun streaming in over their bodies perfectly. This is not the case with Harry and me.

I wake up cold and peek one eye open to see Harry, completely covered by the comforter, laying on his stomach with his mouth wide open. Relief spreads through my body like a warm flood at the sight of him still in my bed. I open both of my eyes and admire the man in front of me. Drool is spilling out of Harry's mouth and I giggle knowing how embarrassed he would be that I saw him drooling. The only way we are touching is our hands that are entangled awkwardly. There is a pretty distinct pain in my wrist from the position it has been in for who knows how long. I move my hand out of his death grip and turn on my side to face him. At my movement, he stirs, and his face scrunches up slightly. His whole body moves, and his hand reaches out and clutches at the sheets.

"Emmy?" He rasps, and his eyes blink open slowly, one hand reaching up and wiping the drool off his chin. A soft smile ghosts his face as he sees me for the first time today, and I scoot towards him

"Share the blanket, I'm cold, songbird," I say softly, and he hums, lifting the white comforter and I slide under. His arms wrap around me, and I rest my head on his chest right above his heart.

"'M sorry baby, I didn't mean to take all of the covers." His voice is gravelly and makes my stomach flip. I trace my finger over the butterfly on his stomach, and he sucks in a bit.

We are quiet for a few minutes. Harry runs his hands through my hair, twisting a strand around his finger. There is still a soft rain falling outside, and the grey sky makes me want to lay in bed all day. I think about how different yesterday morning was, and look up at Harry, in awe that he is here in my bed.

"I can't believe you're still here," I murmur to him, and he chuckles.

"Believe it, petal. You're gonna have a really hard time getting rid of me now," He tells me, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "How did you sleep?"

"The best I have in weeks, actually. It's nice to not wake up sad," I joke, and Harry's face drops.

"I'm so sorry, E," His lips drop to my shoulder and he presses kisses up to my face, and ends on my lips, "You weren't the only one."

"From here on out, no more apologizing. It's in the past," I tell him,  kiss him quickly, then stretch and stand up, "I'm gonna take a shower, you're welcome to join me,"

Harry's eyes widen and he immediately springs off the bed, almost tripping over his feet and he brushes past me into the bathroom. I giggle, as he pulls his shorts off, leaving him in his briefs, then he falters and pauses in his tracks. I walk towards him pulling off my clothes and keeping eye contact as I do so. Panic seems to start rising in his eyes

"Angel," He says lowly, a warning tone to his voice, and I glance at him in the mirror, and shoot him a wink before reaching for the shower handle, "Are you sure this is a good idea? I don't..." He trails off, and I can read between the lines.

"Harry, baby, don't overthink it," I say, sweetly, my almost bare body causing me to feel even more vulnerable in his piercing gaze. His eyes flicker over me briefly before returning to my eyes and holding steady there. I can see fear behind them, and I reach out my hand which he willingly takes, and intertwines with his own immediately.