23

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Ivy by Taylor Swift ───────────────⚪───────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 2:00/ 4:33

"oh, I can't stop you putting roots in my dreamland, my house of stone, your ivy grows, and now I'm covered in you..."

•••
I'm panicking. Nothing I pull out of my closet seems to fit the guidelines that Harry set out for our date. I have a number of dinner date-appropriate outfits, and tons of super casual outfits, but none that I feel comfortable wearing tonight.

He had obviously put a lot of thought into this date, just as he does with everything else, and I want to make sure I don't show up looking like an idiot. I flick through my closet, picking up a shirt here and a pair of jeans there to lay on my bed but I'm unsatisfied with all of it. I feel my heart rate start to pick up as the minutes tick by knowing he's waiting for me outside.

Groaning, I flop back on my bed and facetime Chelsea. Her beautiful face pops up immediately, and she lets out a scream of excitement. My eyes widen as I realize Harry has definitely talked to her about tonight.

"I know why you're callinggg," She giggles and Elle leans into the frame with a wide grin on her face, "Show me your options, I know where he's taking you,"

Her words are drawn out, and from her face I know that at least she and Elle are excited about tonight. That gives me a little peace of mind that he isn't doing anything too crazy.

"Why do you know and I don't" I frown, and stand up to arrange the two outfits I felt were a remote possibility. Knowing Harry, he will throw something together that will be effortlessly fashionable, and all I want is to look good enough to be seen with him.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if you did know, E," Chelsea has a mischievous glint in her eyes, and I do not like it, "Plus, he had to run it by me first to make sure you would like it,"

"Harry and I are going to have to have a talk about surprises, a girl can only take so much," I mutter, and Chelsea laughs, and flicks her black hair over her shoulder.

"He's trying to be romantic, let him," Elle encourages, and I know she's right, "Now let's see those outfits,"

"Okay, so I have this," I say, flipping the camera and pointing to a pair of jeans and sneakers with a white top, "But it feels a little too every day, like I've definitely worn this exact outfit around him" I move the camera to a pair of medium wash loose overalls, cream baby tee, and platform converse, "Then there's this one, that I feel like is giving very much farmer girl wannabe, try-hard vibes," I sigh deeply, "Guys, he leaves next Thursday to be a co-chair at the Met Gala, and I'm here looking at overalls to go on a date with him,"

"You're way overthinking this. Wear the overalls, 100%," Chelsea gushes, "Literally the perfect outfit for where y'all are going. Show me accessories before you hang up, please." I feel like my body could sag with relief, and just hope that she's right, and Harry will like my outfit.

"I'll just wear my gold jewelry. I have a couple of new pieces from Aunt B that I love." I tell her and she smiles sweetly.

"Can I see them?" She asks, and I lift my hand up showing her the new chunky gold rings that sit on my forefinger and thumb.

"She wore these every day, and now I get to," I smile in spite of myself, nostalgia taking over my senses.

"I'm so glad you have those. How are you doing by the way?" The video breaks up a bit, then focuses back on her. She's leaning against Elle on their couch and they both have soft looks in their eyes. I realize that how much I have to tell her and how little we've spoken in the past few weeks.