26

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Love in the Time of Socialism by Yellow House ───────────────⚪───────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 2:50/ 4:11

"but I am home wherever you are near, there's no life in anything when you're not here,"

•••
I wake up to a cold bed and a headache. My eyes focus first on the little cart next to the bed with a torn tea bag and spoon on it. When I turn over, I see Harry sitting on the balcony, with a steaming cup in his hand and messy hair. My heart sinks a little. From my angle on the bed, I can see that he's staring off into the distance, and I quickly jump out of bed and walk over to him. He looks up immediately at my footsteps and when he sees me his eyes soften.

"Hi," I hum, wrapping my arms over his shoulder, and he lifts one hand to hold onto my wrist. His hands are a little cold from the morning air and a shiver runs through me as his fingers trace over the bones in my wrist.

"Hi baby," Harry says quietly. His hair is falling over his eyes un-styled, curling up on the ends like I love . I love him like this. The Harry only my eyes see. He's dressed in white T-shirt with a blue bandana tied around his neck and blue and tan striped shorts with his feet stuffed into his trusty vans.

"What're you doing out here?" I ask, while my hands fall to the soft strands of his hair and he leans his head against my stomach looking up at me. His eyes look very green in the morning light.

"Was letting you sleep, needed to think a little more," He says and his eyes fall closed.

"Did you sleep at all, H?" I run my finger over the deep purple under his eyes and he leans into my touch just slightly. His lips part and a sigh almost falls through them before he seems to catch himself.

"I slept a bit," He answers me, a slight smile on his face. He blinks at me and lifts his chin.

"Harry," I frown and cross around in front of him and sit in his lap. His arms lock around my waist immediately and he peppers kisses on the side of my face.

"Just can't stop thinking about last night, the whole thing is on repeat in my mind," he murmurs into my hair, "I'm sorry,"

"How can I convince you that I'm okay?" I ask him kissing his cheek and forehead and nudging my nose into the side of his face, "That you don't need to worry?"

"It's not that E, I know you're okay," He tells me, a deep sigh whoosing through his chest and out of his mouth. My brow furrows, "I'm not okay, though. I'm just gonna have to wrestle with this. It's gonna take some time for me to process. "

"What can I do, then?" I say, "There has to be something that I can do to make you feel okay. You've helped me so much in the past few weeks, I need to be able to repay you,"

I'm almost desperate for a way to be able to fix this. Harry is one of the most selfless people that exists on this earth, and any time something happens that affects him, he is reluctant to allow other people to help him. Over the months that we've known each other, I've wormed my way into forcing him to allow me to help him. Sometimes. But it's only with smaller things like picking up dinner or cleaning his kitchen for him. I want him to know he can rely on me with these things.

"Stop that, Emerson. It's my job to take care of you. There's no reason why you would ever need to repay me. Just be yourself, baby," Harry says, and I roll my eyes trying to pull myself out of his grasp, but his grip remains firm and he presses his lips repeatedly to the side of my head, almost intentionally to show me he knows I'm mad he won't let me do anything, "That will help and today will too, I think, being with Lila. Stop squirming honeybee,"