24

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Manhattan by Kings of Leon ───────────────⚪───────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 2:00/ 4:33

•••

"Harry!" I call into the house, "babe, the car is here!" I'd been waiting for him downstairs for a solid 10 minutes, as he did god knows what in his bedroom.

"Coming! Go ahead and get in, I'll just be a moment," He yells, voice muffled by the floor between us.

I roll my eyes and drag both of our large suitcases out the door. He has been weird all morning, and this just adds to this list of strange stuff he's done. Thomas is waiting by the car and meets me to take the bags. A large black SUV is waiting, and the window rolls down revealing Mitch and Sarah sitting in the waiting vehicle. Mitch has an uncharacteristically wide grin on his face, and Sarah looks at me with a curious smile on hers.

"Look who it freaking is!" Mitch says, and I laugh.

I had decided to go up early with the three of them to New York just a week prior. When I mentioned it to Chelsea, she quite literally packed my bags for me and took my shifts. She told me that it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I knew she was right.

Harry almost exploded with excitement when I told him I was coming. Ever since he hasn't stopped talking about how much I will love Sarah and how much Alessandro Michele and Harry Lambert will love me.

In a horrifying turn of events, as soon as I told Harry, he told me that I would be coming to his after-party and that I needed to be fitted for a dress. My eyes almost popped out of my head at this announcement, and it took him a good 2 hours to calm me down and convince me that it was a good idea for our first public event to be the Met Gala. After a long phone call with Jeff who explained, in-depth, the PR measures Harry's publicist would take, I agreed to come.

Several members of his stylist's team came the same day and took very detailed measurements. The next day, Harry and I FaceTimed Harry Lambert who showed me a number of dresses that Gucci would be willing for me to wear. I didn't have much say in which would be chosen because of the need to coordinate with Harry and how last minute this whole thing is. I only found out which dress I would be wearing when Harry Lambert texted me a picture of it. Thankfully it was my favorite dress of the ones he showed me, the one I thought would be most flattering.

My life has changed so abruptly, and although Lily said it is a good thing at my last therapy session, it's hard to not feel intimidated by the coming weekend—fashion's biggest weekend. According to Harry, his stylist also pulled some more Gucci pieces for me to wear out and about over the weekend, which makes me even more nervous. Like any normal human, I will always welcome nice clothes, but the idea of being in New York playing celebrity when my whole life is in Malibu waiting for me really freaks me out.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when Mitch calls my name. I blush hoping I hadn't been staring off into space.

"Hi! Sorry got lost in thought for a second there," I chirp, waving at them both and they smile.

"Where's H?" Mitch asks, as Thomas opens the door for me and I look over my shoulder at the house before I climb in.

"He's running late but I promise he's coming," I laugh, and settle myself in the backseat. Before I buckle, I shoot Harry a hurry tf up, text, and he responds immediately with a bunch of middle finger emojis.

"I'm so glad you're here," Sarah gushes, tearing my attention away from my phone and rests her hand on my arm, "I can only handle so much time with them,"