Chapter 13

I quickly turned around and was faced with two people. The taller one, presumably a man had sandy blonde hair and a small smile on his face. The other one whose footsteps were barely whispers on the concrete had bright red hair and was shorter than the guy. I guessed that she was Nat.

"This coat looks meth blue" I greeted them, meeting their eyes.

"Methalyne?" Questioned the redhead.

"Yep" I chirped back at her.

"Nat, Birdguy, pleasure to finally meet you. I am kid, resident agent of chaos and local nightmare. You are?"

"I am Nat and this here is birdguy." The redhead confirmed my suspicion on who was who.

"Tea, hot chocolate?" I questioned.

"2 coffee's maybe."

"Coffee's?" I gasped

"You dare insult earl grey in this way, who are you people?" I stated dramatically.

"We, are your online friends who you have been spamming with memes and vines, as well as tic tac toe and randomness," said Birdguy

"Com'on guys! Where would I have ever been without you?" I questioned.

"Probably bleeding out and or injured." Said Nat reaching for her coffee.

"Touchee" I said stirring my tea.

"Nice place this is" said birdguy staring around the shop.

"Yeah, it has a book nook and a small library to read while your in here too behind the door to your left. And why Yoda?" I said slowly blowing on my [insert favourite tea flavour or coffee if you like that stuff]

"Peter's rubbing off on him" Nat said cooly blowing on her coffee as well.

"Now, why did you want us to come here?" She asked

"Distractions are nice, and I assume those are some masks because hiding identity seemed to be one of your prerogative?"

"It's my prerogative," birdguy started mumble singing. I instantly recognised the song and jumped in

"Its my perogative" I mumbled as well.

"Love the 1980 vibe we have here but I got a question," Nat said interrupting our mumbling of song lyrics.

"Shoot"

"There is a barista glaring at us as we talk to you, everything fine?" Nat asked while birdguy discreetly looked over to the counter where Cindy was working, staring at the people with me while wiping the counter. I laughed and sauntered over to her.

"Cindy, their friends"

Immediately she relaxed and apologized embarrassed to bother us.

"No problem Cindy, after a few incidents it can become a habit" I jokingly said and made my way back to the table.

"We know each other, and there were a few incidents with unwanted people so she keeps a close eye." I said holding out a coffee stick to Nat because she was stirring her cup by moving it in a subtle circle.

"Thanks kid" she said stirring her coffee.

"Am I not saved as adolescent? Oh the dishonor!" I moaned

"You're saved as kid, what would you like to be saved as?"

"Blue Bell Bottomed Beans" I replied cheerfully.

"Kid what?" birdguy said.

"Why birdguy?" I said, "You never asked to change it"

"Touchee"

"Touché! Guys, Touché!!" Nat nearly shouted.

"Touchee" I said resolutely crossing my arms.

"Well Nat, two on one you know who wins."

"Want to see?" She asked slowly getting up from her chair.

"Nonono not at all I mean only in the voting policy!" Birdguy stammered as he pulled her into her seat. I laughed some more and sipped my tea. Today was a good day. As they talked through the touchee versus touché issue I took this opportunity to scrutinize them. They both picked nice clothes that were relatively normal and had come in a grey-blue honda.

Looking at their faces more I noticed slight pixelation where it met their hairline. Nano-masks of course! Who would show their identity. They must do well for themselves or work at a technology company where those could be manufactured.

"Well kid, child, the reincarnation of chaos, there seems to be a coffee shop rush and we are talking up a table. Now a different staff member here is looking at us."

"My titles, yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes. We have been here a while and this would give the window sitters a good place to squat." I said picking up my cup.

"Thanks for agreeing to meet with me and I hope to see you soon!" I said grabbing birdguys empty cup.

"See you around, blue bell bottomed beans!" Nat said smiling at me.

"Bye Nat!, Birdguy! Laters potaters" I beamed sending them both finger guns then walked out the door.

Leaving the coffee shop and heading home, the once place I dreaded going the excitement and happiness of the day evaporated to only a memory. I sighed and put my head down slowly plodding past the trees and buildings towards the prison that I was to scared to escape.

After an hours walk I reached the front of the ratty house I refused to call home. The old door opened with a slight creak and a strange metallic whoosh I had gotten used to. Walking up the decrepit and deserted stairs my hands lightly traced the rotting banister. I got to the top of the stairs and climbed through the broken window and into the fenced in back yard. There was one old and completely dead burnt tree growing out of what used to be a veranda and old sickly shrubs scattered everywhere.

Turning I made my way to the shed. It was old and collapsing but was the only place I was allowed in and in Kyles mind the only place I could go. Opening the door carefully so I did not collapse the roof, as I was in the process of refixing it I heard the sounds of breathing. They were not trying to be quiet and I had a miniature panic attack thinking that I was caught. Quickly making a plan I stepped in expecting to be greeted with pain and disappointment but instead I got a tight hug from a small girl.

"Y/N?" She gasped.