Chapter 43

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Natasha's Pov

             Y/N groaned. I suppressed a small smile and started walking up the stairs. A few steps up I heard dragging footsteps behind me and muttering. Stairs were not the only way of getting up and down in the tower but FRIDAY would say names. Although they knew most of our first names hopefully the stuff they told us about how much they knew about the avengers was true. 

             The rest of the "stair trip" was relatively calm besides the mumbled curses coming from Y/N. They used no swear words but were really creative in their insults. Some of the highlights were "I hope you always get the bread heels" and "may every leaf you step on never be crunchy."

[A/N I know these insults are not good but its all I could come up with right now. Let me know if you have better ones!]

"Here we are!" I said walking down a hallway and pulling open a door. "This floor is empty, so it will be just you here. Is that ok with you?" I said stepping aside so Y/N could walk through the doorway.

"I half expected this to be stairs" Y/N said and stood next to me. "Whoa! This is huge! Are you sure this is the room I can stay in?" They said looking around.

"Absolutely. I think we have a crib somewhere for pup, or in a pinch a cot if you'd like." I offered pushing them through the doorway gently.

"Oh thank you! Either one would do." Y/N said walking around the room. I saw them check the corners of the room discreetly. Smart kid. 

            "Thank you for letting me stay I really appreciate it!" Y/N said walking back nearer to where I was watching by the doorframe. 

"It's nothing! I am glad you allowed Tamara to come to both the playdate and the sleepover." I replied.

             Y/N was about to say something else when they got cut by multiple people calling dinner.

"No one that you have not already met is coming, there are a few other people that live here but  they are all busy." I said starting down the stairs.

"Oh for gods sake not more stairs!" Y/N said and jumped stair by stair down. "Although it feels like I am on a cemented trampoline you can't deny that it isn't half fun!"

I was slightly unsure on how to reply. "neat?" I said hoping that might work.

"So neat a perfectionist would not have any issue!" Y/N said. That was probably an agreement.