51

Y/n's POV

Counting the hours I spent in the grocery store would be impossible, and the dread of not knowing what was happening made it so much worse. It was anyone's guess if Nat would come back, and if she did would she give me back? 

"No, she would do that" I said. Rising of the ground I tried the doors one more time. With a loud rattle absolutely nothing happened.

"Oh come on!" I huffed out in frustration. I can't be in here any longer or I'll loose whatever sanity I have left (and between you and me, there isn't much). I grumbled as I dragged my feet back to the chip bags I deemed as my bed, the only thing that seemed productive to do was sleep.

I flopped on my back and stared and the moldy and chipped ceiling of the grocery store. It was broken down now, a relic from a time that people cared about slushies and 1$ hot dogs. I signed and let myself drift of to sleep, full of hope and spite for the days to come.

Four hours later (give or take five) I was torn from sleep by the sound of broken glass. Scared, I shuffled backwards into the rickety old shelf and grabbed a can of beans, the only weapon I had in this situation. After an unnerving pause for a few seconds I saw someone's head peep out from around a shelf and springing up I threw the can as hard as I could at the potential attacker. Now misfortune strikes, as the can soars through the air I see the person face, and a pair of familiar green eyes.

Crap, now I've really done it.