Chapter 15

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-          Your Pov

Oh no! I gasped and rushed over to the young girl. I set my phone down on the round next to my bedframe. 

"Hey, don't cry ok, I had to ask someone a question love." I murmured wrapping Tamara up in my arms.

"Who's this?" I said motioning to the baby.

"I dunno, I saw lights and when I came der was a baby wit a red and buwe suit" She managed to stammer out while patting my elbow.

"Well, you are a very good person for helping the poor guy, did you go to someone's house to get clothes?" I asked pulling both her and the baby in my arms.

"I asked an old lady for clothes an, an, an, I gots clothes for me and the baby!" She squeaked in excitement.

"Good job Tamara! Now, remember the nice lady that gave you clothes and when your old enough you and the little guy will have to go and help her. Because she helped you right? Thats what we do!" I said tickling her stomach with the baby held snug in the crook of my other arm

We talked for a little while longer and I noticed Tamara's yes getting heavy. The baby was already fast asleep and I kept wondering what their name was. I slowly nudged Tamara awake to ask her if she new whether it was a boy or girl. Pulling her shoulders into my free arm I gently leaned over and murmured

"Is baby a boy or girl sweetheart?" A term of endearment I had not used since she left slipped out and I mentally cursed myself for using it again as she had only been here for one day again.

"it a boy" she said and immediately fell back into a blissful state of wakeful dreaming.

           Not even 5 minutes later I heard her breathing even out and calm, letting me know she was asleep.

          Holding both small children in my arms I smiled to myself but immediately thought of what they would have to face. Tamara had been here before and we could slip into the routine we had of meals, work, more work, and sleep. But with the other kid, the child that looked to be 3 months it would be a whole other story.

           I had a few choices, I could convince Kyle that it was mine, but that would be hard and he probably would never believe it. I could hide the baby, but looking at his adorable face I know he would hate being alone in a box for the better part of the day or I could just tell him that I was keeping this kid and work extra. Including doing the house chores as punishment for not following the rules.

          I decided on the last solution, which would be the best solution for me and allow for the three of us to still go out once every three weeks. I slowly set down the baby which I not so subtly nicknamed little one or tiny child in the bed and moved Tamara's head off my lap, gently as not to wake her.

          As soon as the little one was alone with nothing touching him but the wood of my bedframe, he started to squirm and wake up. Quickly scooping him up I crawled onto the bare bed, I settled myself in a half seated position with my back to the headboard.

"Tamara" I whispered shaking the young girl. She silently woke up and noticed me sitting back in my usual spot. Crawling on my lap she curled up as comfortably as she could on my legs and passed out again. I shifted the tiny guy in my arms and tried to go to sleep myself.

          I let my mind wander again to an escape that could be made possible, where I had lived for the longest time before I was taken was no place for these two to grow up in. I had a terrible childhood in this place and I was hoping theirs would be like mine in the far reaches of my memory. Hugs, a loving family, friends, enough food and a warm bed to sleep in. It would be nothing like this half collapsing shed, with nothing but a mattress for the roof and rotting boards for walls.

           It used to be a pretty building, but rain and time took its toll. I was blamed for all the collapses and weakening's in the structure, even though I was the one who makes this entire place not far apart. I was depended on for money and keeping this decrepit building alive even when it should have died long ago.

          Shoot! I thought, Nat and Birdguy! I forgot about them. Nat helped with settling the kids in and getting them both to stop crying but what it If I told them that I had 2 young children to deal with not to mention a baby! I sighed and decided to think of it in the morning. It was too late in the day to be thinking of such things. Dreading what would await me in the morning I drifted off to a fitfull sleep.

           I woke up in a empty white room with a big window. Both youngsters were still asleep on the floor but clearly hurt. That morning I decided I was going to escape as soon as possible. A life on the run was better than one in a cage.