Chapter 18

The three of us managed to get into a routine of sorts. That's not to say things went smoothly. Most of Kyles "friends" were opposed to having another runt (as they called us) around and would often hit or kick me while I was working. It hurt so bad because of my half-healed cuts and bruises from the bonding night. But I tried not to scream or cry because here weakness was punished.

       Every morning I woke up with the sun (the roof fell) and leaned a piece of wood against the wall and bed frame to shield the younger's eyes from the light. They both needed sleep. I would run to the kitchen for our once-daily rations and take them back to our shed. Everyone else in the building slept till 6 so the wee hours of dawn I had to myself.

       I had a small hidden garden that I used to make the cold bland mush they feed us more appetizing and give Tamara and pup some vegetables. Cold oat paste was never really enough to hold them both. Waking pup up I get him cleaned and fed him breakfast. After a half-hour of garden and shed chores, I woke Tamara up at five and we went to the house.

It was nearing 6 o'clock and we were just finishing up cleaning the floors and doing the chores we did every morning.

"Lovely morning sir, what are today's assignments," I said putting on the face and voice I used to talk to Kyle and his goons.

"Clean the top floor and clear it. If there is a speck of dust no food tomorrow." He growled heading down the hallway to leave the building.

"Yes sir." I said to his retreating form.

       None of the people hurt me in front of Tamara or pup which was good because I did not need them to know how painful it was to be here. Tamara knew if she was bad terrible things would happen but besides that she knew nothing. I pulled her into the room the man had just come out of.

"Ok Tam, you have to clean the floor here and watch pup. I will clean the attic then do my jobs alright?" I asked, crouching down to her level and putting pup into her arms.

"Yes, i wil twake good cware of puppy!" She said, hugging him close.

"Remember, in two days I will take you and pup to a coffee shop! It's like a wonderland. There is food, and you can talk about whatever you like! But shh... you can't tell anyone!" I whispered to her.

       Silently she nodded and I turned around and walked out making my way to the attic. I climbed the stairs and as I went up they changed from old wood to cold biting steel. Shivering I opened the automatic door and walked in. I turned around to look at the room I was in. Noticing a window I let out a choked gasp when I realized who was standing next to it.

"Hello princess," he said.

"clean the attic and if you break something I will break the window. I will be gone for 15 minutes but this fellow will watch you." He gestured to another figure coming in through the window.

"This is Lady Siscko, and if you mess up and put even one toe out of line she will punish you."

"Yes sir" I said starting to move boxes around.

        After 5 minutes of moving boxes I dropped one, I froze and hoped she did not notice. Of course she did. I sighed and kneeled down in front of her. She made no noise and grabbed me by the shoulders and shovel me hard against the window.

"That was a warning, fail again and you will fall." She said walking back to her corner.

"Yes Lady Siscko."

        Once Kyle came back Lady Siscko retired and I kept moving boxes around. I could not take a break or stop to catch my breath for even a moment otherwise I would be thrown out. I managed to finish without another mistake which could also be called the biggest mistake I made.

I walked to Kyle and kneeled in front of him as well.

"I have finished."

"Very good Y/N. But you still have to fix the window." He said shoving me against the already cracked glass.

"Sir I will do that."

"Very well, tomorrow you will clean out the garage and if I catch you slacking you will finish cleaning the window yes?"

"Absolutely sir" I stammered knowing him saying clean the window was throwing me out of it.

       Making my way back to Tamara and pup I realized that I was gone for six hours and silently hoped Tamara had finished her duties. I wanted to text my friends but was not going to do that while she worked. I could not find her in any of the places she had left to do and did what few things she did not. 

       After 7 hours I got really worried again and looked around some more for her. I checked most of the rooms in the house avoiding people until I ran back and checked the shed. I opened the rotting door and found her sitting on the bed trying to get pup to speak. He was just happily blabbing and when her say me he started trying to reach out his hands. It frankly was absolutely adorable!

"Hey Y/N!"

"Hey yourself Tamara! You did most of your chores so thank you! Did they kick you out?"

"Yep! I did al of them but den they dragged me and puppy out here. But we could pway!" She excitedly told me.

"Thats great Tam! Do you want to keep playing with puppy or do you want to take a nap. You and pup are both tired." I had noticed pups closing eyes and her fighting to keep awake as she played.

"Night night" she said and crawled onto my lap to sleep after giving me the baby.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Nat: sure! Coffee sounds good, birdguy agrees but he broke his phone.

10 days ago

Nat: Hey Blue Bell Bottomed Beans, you ok?

3 days ago

Nat: Kid, you alright?

4 hours ago

Y/N: WHATS UP FLUFFERS

Nat: kid, I-

Nat: no

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-