Chapter 28

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Your Pov

"Are you still hungry Tamara?" I asked the girl. She did not respond and just kept walking. 

"Were not at the house you can tell people how you feel now ok?" I bent down and whispered in her ear. She nodded and grabbed the second to last scone in the bag. This one has a white glaze on it. 

        I ruffled her fair and completely missed Nat looking at me funny. Turning around to see if Tasha wanted the last scone I saw Clint walking behind her with a big unicorn. He actually got a perfect score. Making a shushing move I though fast and took pup from Tasha giving her the food bag. Before she could ask question Clint threw the dang plush at her. I though something would happen but not that big. 

      I was happy were were in a more sparse are of the fair with a few people here and there in the grass eating something. I uncovered my eyes just a little bit so see what would happen. It was a huge unicorn and nearly knocked her over. Clint backpedaled so fast that he almost tripped and then he opted to hide under the unicorn she just threw off her.

"Where did the chicken go?" She asked me.

"Hm,"

"Do you know?" She asked scanning around. 

"yes"

"Amazing, I am going to kick this unicorn now. Stuffed animals don't breath"

"You do that!" I said hoping that Clint would just run.

"Ow" I heard Clint say and the Unicorn plush just settled into a new position. Tamara had not seen it yet because there was no scream. I pulled the stuffed animal of Clint. He was just lying facedown in the dirt.

"Get up birdbrain. I know your not unconsious." Nat said poking his shoulder with her foot.

"I'm dead. Leave flowers and food. Respect the deceased." Clint said not moving.

"Shame, what if Y/N, Tamara and I ate the rest of... I don't know.."

       Jumping up Clint grabbed the bag and held it to his chest. Tamara had heard the banter and turned around from watching the big rides go up and down. I saw her eyes widen to saucers at the sight of the plush and I nearly dove to cover her mouth. She did not make any noise thank goodness but just did a silent dance. Then hugged everyone.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Well, I dint know who got da stuffi but one of u did." she said patting its nose. "Is it for puppy?" She asked.

"I don't know who its for." I said looking at Clint.

"Its for sharing maybe." He said. "But you can name it!"

"i love it so much im naming in mr fluffykins clint tank youu" Tamara said crawling under it. 

        Pup gurgled in my arms and I put him on the unicorns midsection. It was lying sideways on the grass like it slipped and fell but gave up on standing back up. He rolled over and buried his face in the fluff giggling. 

"Any of you hungry? It's near dinner, so some real food would be good. Ever had hot dogs?" Nat asked dusting her hands from when she got hit with the unicorn.

"We have eaten them before, just let me ask Tamara something." I asked.

"Sure thing Y/N." Clint said brushing dust of himself as well. He looked like pigpen with the big cloud of dust around him.

       I walked about seven feet away with Tamara

"When are we gonna go home y/n. we is already in big twoble." She said twisting her shirt in her hands. "what if they hurt you even badder den you are hurt?" She said looking up at me.

"It will be ok. I think we won't go home. We will go to that old warehouse we stayed in one night last fall. Then you will go wait near the store that we stop at in the hole under the floor while I take back my necklace." I said hugging her a bit. 

"Alright we run aways" Tamara said.

"But what about clint and tasha? I really think dey are rweally nice."

"We can totally keep seeing them sweetheart. We just need a place to stay when we don't. Plus they have jobs are are busy." I said trying to sooth her. This idea was always with both of us but I guess the idea of leaving the only place you knew is scary even if it was horrible.

"alright.." Tamara said and I grabbed her hand. Walking back to Natasha and Clint they were playing peekaboo with pup.

"Hey Tamara, go run along with Clint. There's food and I will come with Y/N in a second." Natasha said.

"Hey Y/N, is everything ok?" Nat asked.

        I sighed eternally. I could not ask anything more of these people because they have been responsible for one of the best days of my life. 

"Yeah everything's fine. We might have to head home soon we can't get there to late." I said trying to divert the topic.

"Alright then Y/N, we should see what their up to because Clint and wise dinner choices don't always mix." Nat said and patted my back.

       I winced away from the touch. I was so unused to those small gestures and my back and scars still ached all over. Hiding the pain and using distractions were easy ways to forget. Nat looked alarmed. 

"Y/N are you ok?" She asked. "I am sorry,".

"Nat your good, I uh, hit a wall on the walk to the park. A car was speeding and I had to get Tamara out of the way." I lied.

"Ok then.." Nat said but I could tell she did not quite believe me.

        She pulled out her phone and sent a quick message. I could not see who it was to or what it was about but I knew it was a message because of the position of her hand and how fast she was moving her fingers.

"Who ya texting?" I asked.

"Oh just Clint. He was wondering how many hotdogs to get. Do you want one or two?" Nat asked.

"One if fine thank you! And I will give you money later to pay." I said realizing I had given it all to Tamara already.

"No its fine Y/N. Its not expensive plus we got it." Nat said.

"You sure?"

"yes"

"Are you really really sure?" I pressured.

"Y/N its fine. Please. We can pay. Just thank you for letting us come along ok?" Nat said starting to walk to the others.

"Ok Nat." I said following.

"So what do you want on your hotdog?"