Chapter 48

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Your Pov

Well, that was a restful fiveish hours. Now time to book it! I slide out of bed and walked over to the window. A pang of fear and regret hit me and for the thousandth time, I run over the plan and worry. Sighing I shoved my fear away and opened the door of my room.

The corridors were dark aside from some softly glowing lamps illuminating the stairwell and placed evenly along the hallway. Padding nearer to the stairwell I went for the car garage door. I am highly tempted to take a car or motorcycle but I can't drive one and it might just be more trouble than it's worth.

After a bit of walking and a lot of mental complaining, I was at the carport area thing. Again, there were options. It was like a choose your own adventure type thing but worse. I could, a, walk through the godforsaken tunnel or bee, climb over the glass barrier.

I choose the bug.

I hauled myself over to the glass. It came up only to about my waist so that was good, time to get over it without being noticed or you know, testing gravity. At least we were not that far from the ground.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Natasha's Pov:

Clint and I hadn't slept very much until the alarm went off. Three is only two hours away from five but it makes all the difference. I grumbled and sat up. Time to go see if Y/N has left yet.

I walked down to the room and cracked the door open. There was a lump in the bed, but I did not hear breathing, nor did in shift even the tiniest bit. I walked in farther and it was just a pile of sheets made up like someone was lying there.

"FRIDAY" I whispered. "When did Y/N leave?" I asked the AI.

"Y/N left fifteen minutes ago, they just got out of the carport on the north end. " FRIDAY replied.

So they must have climbed over the glass thing and jumped out. If I was fast enough I could find them.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Your Pov:

I walked along the streets till I made it to the coffee shop. Coffee shop and Book Nook. I read the familiar sign. sighing I turned away and walked down an alley. I have only spent eight years trying to plan this so no pressure.

I shivered. Fog had settled over while I was walking and made it hard to see and dampened the city noise. I made my way out of the alley and onto another street. The bus should come at any minute. This would be the second time I have used it but walking would take to long. It could be worth the risk.

Silently I waiting, the gloom only adding to my sense of dread. After about thirty seconds the bus pulled up to the stop. Walking up to it I could not shake the feeling that someone was following me. I looked around one last time.

Only the lonely benches and flickering streetlight greeted me.

"Fare please?" Asked the bus driver. Silently I handed him some money.

15 minutes till I get to the first part. 15 more minutes to plan.

The bus jolted to a stop and I quickly left. Back in front of the grocery store! I slid the door open and the little bell chimed. My footsteps echoed in the small dimly lit space and you could hear the freezer hum. I slid open a floorboard and took out the ear-monitor thing. Walking out of the stoor I placed the metal device right where a car's tire would go.

And right on queue, the late late bus passed by. Dust. Whoope! It was more fun than I expected it to be.

As I was inspecting the pieces of the tracker to make sure it was broken a hand covered my mouth and pulled me off the road and back into the store.